Motion sensors working but not triggering SHM

I have a number of ST multipurpose sensors on doors and windows along with three Ecolink PIR motion sensors. All sensors work great in the ST app and the multipurpose sensors are all properly monitored by SHM, but the motion sensors don’t trigger an intrusion in SHM Armed Away. I’ve enabled all sensors for Armed Away but don’t know what else to do to troubleshoot this. Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Simon

Try to uninstall and reinstall SHM security module.

Many thanks. I’ll try that when I’m back out the house later this week.

Best,
Simon

What model hub do you have? And which version of the SmartThings mobile app are you using?

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

I have a Smartthings v2 hub and I’m using both the ST Classic app c2.17.1 (think that’s V2 in your link) and the ST Samsung app v1.6.33 (think that’s called V3), but I enabled SHM in the V2 app.

I just noticed that SMH is currently in Armed - Away status on V2 app, but the V3 app says it’s Disarmed. Do the two apps not talk to each other?

Cheers
Simon

Both apps have a feature called “smart home monitor“ but it is completely separate code and no, they do not communicate with each other for the purpose of that feature. So disarming in one will not disarm it in the other. Nor will dismissing a notification in one dismiss it in the other, the source of many “ghost notifications“ for people who are using both versions of the app.

It’s pretty clear that originally they intended to discontinue the V2 app when the V3 was released, but then the V3 didn’t have all the same functionality and they decided to let both run for a while.

Ah, I see. Thanks. So presumably I should stick to using SHM in one app and delete it in the other app? Is there a consensus on which version runs SHM most reliably with the most useful features?

They’re just different. One of the most significant differences is that there is no way to automatically arm/disarm SHM in the new V3 app. You have to do it manually through the app each time. In the V2 classic app, you could create a routine to arm/disarm that version of SHM Based on any event that smart things could recognize, including Geopresence, a handheld button, even voice control.

That will be important to some people, but not others.

SPECIFIC differences between "SmartThings Classic" (the V2 app) and “SmartThings (Samsung Connect)” (the V3 app)