Modes - New Smarthings App

I recently switched to the new Smarthings App. For the life of me I can’t figure out what Modes are, what they do, and how to change them?

Modes in the new app serve the same purpose as the classic app. Setting them is a little different since there aren’t routines in the new app. This faq help explains modes

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I guess what is confusing is that it now appears that you can not set the SHM to arm/disarm with a mode change like you could in the old Smarthings App. For instance, now when I set my phone as a presence sensor the only options I have when I arrive or leave home are to set the mode to Home/Stay/Away or to control a device or notify members. I can no longer arm/disarm SHM. Likewise, when I go to add a custom automation to control a Mode, all I can do is to Notify Members or Control A Device.

What am I missing? Thanks for the assistance.

SHM in the new app is completely different from the classic app and crippled in multiple ways.

Your best bet is to use the classic app for managing SHM or use something like webCoRE to trap events when the mode changes and handle SHM management there (which is actually my preferred method anyhow).

Does web core work to manage shm in the new app?

Nope. Only classic.

2 Likes