Monoprice Motion / Temperature Reporting Frequency

So I’ve been using a modified version of @florianz device type code, I added ability to change temp unit and provide a temp offset. My device type can be found here: https://github.com/humac/SmartDevices/blob/master/MonopriceMotion.groovy

What I’ve noticed so far with temperature reporting is that it seems to report temp changes every 2 degree celsius. Is there a way to send a configuration command to the device to report temp changes every 1 degree? I have a few smartsense multi’s and they report changes every 1 degree.

I’ve seen this command in some zwave device code zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet but I’m not sure what I need to pass it if this is even possible. Haven’t been able to find any documents that can help me either.

Any device engineers at ST or anyone know the answer to this?

I’ve been looking for temperature offsets for my own devices, would you be able to take a moment to look at the Aeon Multisensor and see if you can throw in a positive or negative offset field?

Thanks

Sure. I’ll take a look at it when I get a chance. How often do the Aeon’s report temp changes? 1 degree 2 degree changes or on a timer?

// send all data (temperature, humidity, illuminance & battery) periodically
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 101, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 30).format(),

// set data reporting period to 5 minutes
zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 111, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 30).format()

])

Does that help? I’m not too familiar with device types. The default device type works pretty good, seems a little slow to update though.

Yeah i’ve seen that when I looked through the examples but that tells me its fetching all data in 5 minute interval. I tried that to see if temp would come back every 5 minutes even if no temp changes. However that was not the case. So I want to know if anyone out there can tell me if there is a parameterNumber I can pass zwave.configurtionV1.configurationSet that will change the report frequency as it seems to only send temp updates every 2 degrees, when i’d like it to send every 1 degree, regardless of time… @urman could you help answer this?

I added the offset to the aeon multi. Try here:

I couldn’t test it though :slight_smile:

Yea I’ve tried to speed this thing up as I have it plugged in so battery isn’t a concern to no avail.

@keithcroshaw did the aeon device type I modified work for you?

It’s funny I didn’t even realize you posted that even though I responded to part of your post. I just installed it, I’ll let you know. Thanks for your time!

(Edit) I actually don’t see a way to offset the temp or humidity. Preferences?

Yes it’s in the preferences, I essentially took the implementation ST did with the smartsense multi’s (zigbee) and applied it here.

That’s strange it doesn’t come up in there, just an option to change the device icon, name or remove.

Did you over write your current Aeon code in the IDE with the one from my GIT repo?

Ok that’s really strange I see it now. Thanks, I’ll test it out, and maybe apply what you did to the humidity.

I actually got this in my live logger:
error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “48.36” @ line 116

I made an update, pull the code from my GIT and copy paste over the old one. I assigned the device type to one of my monoprice motion/temp and it seems to work… just doesn’t report all the other stuff the aeon does. Also if you take the battery out and place it back in after you publish the code it should trigger the device to wakeup and update temp right away.

Thanks I’ll give it a try tonight.

So I’m still getting:

error java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “48.7” @ line 114

def value = preValue as int

Can it not convert the string into an integer maybe? I hate ST’s datatype usage…

It’s weird I get that error why I use the simulator but I don’t get that error when it’s assigned to an actual device.

Are you checking the live logging tab in the IDE?

Yes I am I don’t see that error in my IDE

I installed the moonprice motion with your code and I am not getting any temp readings.