Current Device Deals & Best Prices (link to new thread at bottom of thread)

Oops, realized that the tablet may not be able to charge from the USB port on the router if also used for tethering access.

No in store price tag had $69.

Z-Wave Motion Detector w/ Temperature Sensor - NO LOGO @ Monoprice for 21.99 - Free shipping (Limit 10)

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=122&cp_id=12212&cs_id=1221201&p_id=10796&seq=1&format=2

I know a few people on here use these. Picking up a pair for myself.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the monoprice-listed z-wave deadbolt?

How sensitive are the temperature sensors in these? Are they accurate enough to use with my thermostat?

I don’t have one of these yet, but here are a couple of posts about the devices:

And

It looks like these sensors are pretty solid and you can set them up with temperature offset just like the ST branded motion with temp, making them as accurate as you need.

Just was searching for info on the other monoprice question and came across this for you:

I use it for a secondary door. There are some cons on this particular deadbolt compared to the more expensive schlage. Check out the other threads here.

It works, and that’s what counts for me.

Thank you!
I bought 5 :slight_smile:

Most retailers have the Sonos 1 two speaker starter kit for $349 right now, regularly $399.

I was able to find 2 of these Sonos Play 1’s starter kits at Best Buy as an open box buy.
You can check online when you look at their website. There is sometimes an option for open box.
I got one for $289, and one for $279. Both were in like new condition.

I hope this helps.

Is that everything needed to integrate with ST ?

Yes, that’s all I bought. I can control my lights, locks and heat with Harmony remote. Use Alexa ( through ST ) and ST to initiate / end Harmony activities.

Cool thanks. Yea the echo will be my next purchase after this. Been needing this anyway. 4 remotes in the living room.

1 Like

That’s a good deal… I paid $299 for my 16 zone Rachio late this summer!

Man, if I get this then I’d have to change the dimmer in my theater room and then change the bulbs and then… explain it to the wife. lol

Edit: A companion thread is seriously needed to come up with good excuses. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I just told mine I wanted it for xmas. She just ordered it

1 Like

An alternative to HD to take the Sears GE Link sales promo to is Target. The one near me clearly displayed their match policy signage right when you walk thru the doors and even mentions sears.com as a competitor whose price they’ll match. No need to print out the advert. - you can just show them the online ad. Recall Target used to carry/ formally display Wink products back in the day - they may be limited to remaining stock on hand for the GE Link bulbs so you might want to grab what you can find there. Hats off to Sears for originating the steep discount to begin with!

1 Like

Great find! Yea I picked up 12 of these bulbs (a few in spare) due to this promo and hooked them up with SmartThings then Alexa so that I can try to get my wife to get used to using Alexa for controlling the house lights but that may take a very long time as, even for me, I’m still slightly used to turning off the physical switches. :smile:

Also worth mentioning though as a warning is that these lights, at the moment, are not perfect and can disconnect from SmartThings (however what lights can’t so yea haha) but in my personal experience I have only seen this occur when someone flicks the light switch on/off manually and not through the app or Alexa which is going to be a very high chance for anyone starting to use these throughout the house so just as a warning!

I have included the link below to a fantastic thread by @JDRoberts just so that if it happens to you, then you can easily fix it within seconds…

lowes iris contact sensor 15 bucks just orderd 2. New york. Unit PriceQuantityItem Total
Iris Iris Indoor Door and Window
Sensor (Works wit… $15.00 2 $30.00