Updating device with new device type

I modified the device type for the Aeon Multisensor. I have actually done this twice. The first time I set the reporting time to every 30 minutes. Not sure how I got it to the device, but it is now reporting on the proper schedule. I created a new device type to do the reporting every 60 minutes. I have set my multisensor to this device type and sent the configure command. I can see the command in the event listings on the developer site. But the unit continues to report on the 30 minute schedule. How can I get this updated?

Thanks

The multisensor is a battery powered device, so it was probably sleeping when you sent the configure command and the device never saw it. The event listing probably only shows that configure was called and not necessarily that the device updated.

Is there a way to “wake up” the multisensor by pushing a button in the batter compartment maybe? Then you could send the configure command again.

Any “active” event will wake the device. Opening/closing the sensor will wake it just fine.

1 Like

I got the changes to take as I had to change the batteries. But, now I am not getting any data reported. I changed the following lines to only perform them every hour. Now, I am not seeing anything reported in the device activity or general activity logs. Any thoughts?

// send all data (temperature, humidity, illuminance & battery) periodically (Every hour - default 225 seconds)
	zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 101, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 3600).format(),

// set data reporting period to 60 minutes
	zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 111, size: 4, scaledConfigurationValue: 3600).format()