Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

I visited a different Lowes today and they had reset the Iris area with the new products including the keypad. They had the Keen smart vents as well as a contact sensor from NYCE.

2 Likes

wow that looks very interesting… that type of open/close sensor will definitely have a much higher xAF than the surface mounted ones…

That was my thought as well. My wife said “what did you stick on the door now”?

According to their website, NYCE has a ton of new products being released in 2015 but I couldn’t find anyone that are selling them yet.

Sorry for the delayed response. I will list my precise device types in the AM when I can properly look them up.

On a side note it works well if I run two instances to get two keypad numbers. But when I go to three I get some odd beeps and the “mode” button of shm stays on and flashes a bit, very odd!

I will investigate more tomorrow.

Use the device types MitchP posted further up in this thread. I did and both the open/close and motion sensors are working perfect. Updating temp about every hour or when there is a temp change.

I have one of the smart fobs, So far i haven’t been able to get it working. It does connect as a “thing”. But I am not a hacker by any means. It’s Larger than I thought it would be. Roughly 1.5" x 2"

Edit: So far I have tried multiple device types with no success live logging says “91f90764-31c7-472b-bf74-a47bf951db88 1:47:42 PM: error java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 261” when I press a button regardless of what device type is selected. I assume it’s because all of the device types that I have found are likely for z wave and not zigbee.

2nd Edit: I though I would get lucky when I stumbled upon this code for zigbee 3 button Wireless, Battery Operated Wall Switch

But it didn’t work either, although logs show: “91f90764-31c7-472b-bf74-a47bf951db88 2:11:28 PM: debug getChildDevices(true), children=3
91f90764-31c7-472b-bf74-a47bf951db88 2:11:28 PM: info Refreshing data…”

1 Like

These Look Awesome I would love to know when someone tries one.

I would try the device type for the securifi fob. They’re likely very similar. Could you post the raw description of the device from the IDE?

This? or where is the raw description? I just tried the securify device type with button button controller smartapp with no success.

Interesting. You’re missing a line below data that should say raw description

Do these iris door and motions work with hub v1. All I get is thing to connect. I used above device type. ???

They do work with hub V1

Mitch, have you looked at the temperature reporting at all? Mine don’t spontaneously report, only upon refresh. I recall seeing someone else saying that, but not any solution. If I was more versed in zigbee, I’d look through the device myself… No worries if you haven’t yet, just curious.

I don’t have the motion sensor, so I can’t verify that one. The door sensor absolutely should be reporting. I’m guessing that the sensor missed the message that configures reporting/binding for that attribute. Mine report like clockwork. The delays in the configure section may need some tweaking if it’s not catching all the commands.

I have the device, and I don’t mind cryptic pointers to try and test. Like telling me the delays may need tweaking? I’m your man, I can break (I mean tweak) stuff to no end. Wish me luck, hope I don’t bring the cloud down!

Thanks the cloud was taking a while I guess to update. Worked I have no patience

I have an Iris motion sensor and I can confirm that it does update every hour if the temp has changed. If no temp change, then no report shows up in the recent events of the app. I have not left the live log going long enough to see what is or isn’t reported there.

I looked through my events. Seems they might be working, just very stable measurements. I almost don’t believe it. Might run some tests.

Hi, After 2 weeks using my iris motion detection to turn off a hallway light, the battery decreased to 66%. While I have a smartthings motion detection at 100% at the living room just for security reasons. Is that normal?

I have the 4 button fob and the red “panic button”-style fob coming, supposedly by Friday. I’m thinking that these will be very simple to add support for as generic button controllers. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes