Linear WAPIRZ-1

there’s a pin hole on the back of the unit. press that with a needle or something similar then run inclusion.

i was just reading the manual on the switch and it says you can also reset it by holding the tamper switch for one second. I’d try that Also, the jumper, according to a few different websites, is a selector for “instant” or “delayed”.

Has anyone had issues with these sensors not reporting battery life? They operate fine for motion and temperature, just not reporting battery life. Thanks

I am in the same boat, not battery life yet…

Thanks John. I Just needed to reset the device by hitting the tamper 3 times in a row. Not in the manual.

Linear Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector - WAPIRZ-1 is on Sale today at Tigerdirect for $14.97.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9511670&Sku=YEA-102773407

1 Like

so these work OK right? I can’t seem to find it on the compatibility list.

I’m going to get a few if they do

Also wondering if these work well with smartthings. 15 bucks is not bad to pick a few up, but I don’t feel like dicking around with them to get them to work with smartthings. Battery life reporting, and setting the motion reset time are critical.

They work great, I use the monoprice device type code. You can adjust the reset time no issues. Have mine set to 1min

1 Like

From their site… “Currently Out Of Stock!”

Bummer, but thanks for the heads-up. That would have been neat to pick up a few for cheap.

1 Like

I have two of these and I can’t get either one to show battery status.

@Eric_Seckinger Where did you get the code that allows you to set the temp offset and activity timeout?

Here it is…

/**
 *  Monoprice Motion Sensor
 *  Capabilities: Motion Sensor, Temperature Measurement, Battery Indicator
 *  Notes: For the Inactivity Timeout to update or Battery level (only for the first time),
 *    you have to open the Motion Sensor and leave it open for a few seconds and then close it.
 *    This triggers the forced Wake up so that the settings can take effect immediately.
 *  Author: FlorianZ,Kranasian, Humac, jscgs350
 *  Date: 2015-09-24
 */

preferences {
	input description: "Number of minutes after movement is gone before its reported inactive by the sensor.", displayDuringSetup: false, type: "paragraph", element: "paragraph"
    input "inactivityTimeout", "number", title: "Inactivity Timeout", displayDuringSetup: false, default: 3

input description: "This feature allows you to correct any temperature variations by selecting an offset. Ex: If your sensor consistently reports a temp that's 5 degrees too warm, you'd enter \"-5\". If 3 degrees too cold, enter \"+3\".", displayDuringSetup: false, type: "paragraph", element: "paragraph"
    input "tempOffset", "number", title: "Temperature Offset", description: "Adjust temperature by this many degrees", range: "*..*", displayDuringSetup: false

input description: "This feature allows you to change the temperature Unit. If left blank or anything else is typed the default is F.", displayDuringSetup: false, type: "paragraph", element: "paragraph" 
    input "tempUnit", "string", title: "Celsius or Fahrenheit", description: "Temperature Unit (Type C or F)", displayDuringSetup: false

}

metadata {
    definition (name:"My Monoprice Motion Sensor v2", namespace:"jscgs350", author: "several") {
        capability "Battery"
        capability "Motion Sensor"
        capability "Temperature Measurement"
        capability "Sensor"

fingerprint deviceId:"0x2001", inClusters:"0x71, 0x85, 0x80, 0x72, 0x30, 0x86, 0x31, 0x70, 0x84"
    }

tiles(scale: 2) {
		multiAttributeTile(name:"motion", type: "generic", width: 6, height: 4){
			tileAttribute ("device.motion", key: "PRIMARY_CONTROL") {
				attributeState "active", label:'motion', icon:"st.motion.motion.active", backgroundColor:"#53a7c0"
				attributeState "inactive", label:'no motion', icon:"st.motion.motion.inactive", backgroundColor:"#ffffff"
			}
		}
		valueTile("temperature", "device.temperature", width: 3, height: 2) {
			state("temperature", label:'${currentValue}°', unit:"F",
				backgroundColors:[
					[value: 31, color: "#153591"],
					[value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],
					[value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],
					[value: 74, color: "#44b621"],
					[value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],
					[value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],
					[value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]
				]
			)
		}
		valueTile("battery", "device.battery", decoration: "flat", inactiveLabel: false, width: 3, height: 2) {
			state "battery", label:'${currentValue}% battery', unit:""
		}
		main(["motion", "temperature"])
		details(["motion", "temperature", "battery"])
	}
}

def parse(String description) {
    log.trace "Parse Raw: ${description}"
    def result = []
    // Using reference in: http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/197
    def cmd = zwave.parse(description, [0x20: 1, 0x80: 1, 0x31: 2, 0x84: 2, 0x71: 1, 0x30: 1])
    if (cmd) {
        if (cmd instanceof physicalgraph.zwave.commands.wakeupv2.WakeUpNotification) {
            result.addAll(sendSettingsUpdate(cmd))
        }
        result << createEvent(zwaveEvent(cmd))
        if (cmd.CMD == "8407") {
            result << new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(zwave.wakeUpV1.wakeUpNoMoreInformation().format())
        }
    }

//  log.debug "Applying preferences for Monoprice Motion Sensor: ${inactivityTimeout}"
//    zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [inactivityTimeout], parameterNumber: 1, size: 1).format()
//  log.debug "zwaveEvent ConfigurationReport: '${cmd}'"

return result

}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.wakeupv2.WakeUpNotification cmd) {
    //log.trace "Woke Up!"
    def map = [:]
    map.value = ""
    map.descriptionText = "${device.displayName} woke up."
    return map
}

def sendSettingsUpdate(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.wakeupv2.WakeUpNotification cmd) {
/*    def inactivityTimeout = (settings.inactivityTimeout == null ?
                             1 : Integer.parseInt(settings.inactivityTimeout))
    def inactivityTimeoutStr = Integer.toString(inactivityTimeout) */
    def actions = []
    def lastBatteryUpdate = state.lastBatteryUpdate == null ? 0 : state.lastBatteryUpdate
    if ((new Date().time - lastBatteryUpdate) > 1000 * 60 * 60 * 24) {
        actions.addAll([
            response(zwave.batteryV1.batteryGet().format()),
            [ descriptionText: "Requested battery update from ${device.displayName}.", value: "" ],
            response("delay 600"),
        ])
    }
    actions.addAll([
        response(zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(
            configurationValue: [inactivityTimeout], defaultValue: False, parameterNumber: 1, size: 1).format()),
        response("delay 600"),
        [ descriptionText: "${device.displayName} was sent inactivity timeout of ${inactivityTimeoutStr}.", value: "" ]
    ])
    actions
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet cmd) {
    map.name = "motion"
    map.value = cmd.value ? "active" : "inactive"
    map.handlerName = map.value
    map.descriptionText = cmd.value ? "${device.displayName} detected motion" : "${device.displayName} motion has stopped."
    return map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv2.SensorMultilevelReport cmd) {
    if (cmd.sensorType == 1) {
        def cmdScale = cmd.scale == 1 ? "F" : "C"
        def preValue = convertTemperatureIfNeeded(cmd.scaledSensorValue, cmdScale, cmd.precision)
        def value = preValue as float
        map.unit = tempUnit
    	map.name = "temperature"

switch(tempUnit) {
            case ["C","c"]:
				if (tempOffset) {
                	def offset = tempOffset as float
		       		map.value = value + offset as float
                }
                else {
                	map.value = value as float
                }  
                map.value = map.value.round()
                map.descriptionText = "${device.displayName} temperature is ${map.value}°C."
			break

case ["F","f"]:
            	if (tempOffset) {
                }
                else {
                }    
                map.descriptionText = "${device.displayName} temperature is ${map.value}°F."
                break

default:
            	if (tempOffset) {
                }
                else {
                }    
                map.descriptionText = "${device.displayName} temperature is ${map.value}°."
                break    
	}		
    }
    map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.batteryv1.BatteryReport cmd) {
    state.lastBatteryUpdate = new Date().time
    def map = [ name: "battery", unit: "%" ]
    if (cmd.batteryLevel == 0xFF || cmd.batteryLevel == 0 ) {
        map.value = 1
        map.descriptionText = "${device.displayName} battery is almost dead!"
    } else if (cmd.batteryLevel < 15 ) {
        map.value = cmd.batteryLevel
        map.descriptionText = "${device.displayName} battery is low!"
    } else {
        map.value = cmd.batteryLevel
    }
    map
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.Command cmd) {
    // Catch-all handler. The sensor does return some alarm values, which
    // could be useful if handled correctly (tamper alarm, etc.)
    [descriptionText: "Unhandled: ${device.displayName}: ${cmd}", displayed: false]
}

Thank you. That worked. I did search for it but couldn’t find it for some reason. I was not able to use the code you pasted, the formatting is funky. However, I was able to find the code in GitHub based on what you posted.

Here is the link directly to the GitHub code:
https://github.com/constjs/SmartThings-Devices/blob/master/monoprice_motion_sensor.device.groovy

Thanks all I just bought one of these sensors from HD and did not really like it out of the box. Now with using the monoprice device type it is working MUCH better. Thanks!

1 Like

For those who bought this - anyone figure out the jumpers? It comes with three labelled pet1, pet2, test - and the plastic jumper in the bag with the battery. Like @JDRoberts noticed - there is not mention of these on the install or “manual”. ThankS!

Jumper settings explained here…

2 Likes

Anybody able to figure out how to reduce the delay between when motion occurs and when the sensor picks it up? I’m trying to get it to trigger lights when someone enters the room and when the sensor changes states the lights go on at nearly the exact same time, but there’s a good 5-10 second delay before motion is detected.

Any ideas on this problem?

My motion was reporting reasonable temps - my back porch in the mid-30s. No way to know it is right, but no reason to think it is wrong.

Got up this morning and the temp is reporting -23* or so. Probably off by about 40*… No changes since I installed it two weeks ago.

Running “My Monoprice Motion Sensor v2” device type (post #32).

Have you tried taking the battery off for a minute and see if it resets itself?

I have had 2 of these do this. Once the temp gets down to 32F the temp displays as a negative number or it will display a positive temp and then the next minute a negative temp. Think maybe it’s the monoprice device type we are using?