Is ST down?

Currently Smartiles will not load and when I try to access things through the app it just spins and then errors out on me. Any body else having issues?

IDE says Not Authorized
(Paul) #2

Yes. I just start having the same problems…

(Bob) #3

See http://stspg.io/1zhu

(Nate) #4

yes, I’m getting “There was a problem refreshing your SmarThings mobile presences; Sorry, but there was an unexpected error.”

This is the moment i decided to test my firstalert smoke detectors… needless to say i’m a little nervous that it didnt alert me.

Did i cause this?

(Fast, Good, Cheap...pick two.) #6

SmartThings fail

(Toby Cth3) #7

Oh god. Not this again. Last time it took 24+ hours to get it resolved. :disappointed:

(Brian Steere) #8

http://status.smartthings.com/

(Djtrickee No Club) #9

Always down. Never up. Fantastic service!

(might be my fake name?) #10

This doesn’t bode well for spousal acceptance as she will come home to a dark house In about ten minutes. She already gets annoyed by my constant tweaking if things.

(Sid) #11

So glad that my son carries a garage door opener along with a presence sensor, old tech is indeed more reliable.

(Ben W) #12

Just mobile should be down. Rules should be fine. I would check, but mobile is down.

Isnt that what she would have arrived home to without it?

(might be my fake name?) #14

My presence rule didn’t notify me that my wife got home. She got home 10 minutes ago.

(Geko) #15

Here goes the cloud again. :angry:

http://www.nicebydark.com/darkwp/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/QSUrDSP.png

(Matt) #16

you would think they would be able to fail the US instance to the UK instance in the event of a major system outage. You know a little thing that is a new concept called redundant backup system

(Kevin) #17

Better get the mistress out of the house before the wife finds here:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@keltymd I agree with this… maybe a bit of redundancy would be nice, I could put up with a few more ms lag time for over-all uptime

(Ben W) #20

Probably can’t due to differences in privacy laws in the US vs Europe.

(Ash (www.smart-dots.com) / Ashutosh Jaiswal) #21

The timing of ST going down was the worst ever for me in the last 2.5 years. I have put my existing home on sale and had a program ready to execute a smart home demo when the buyers walk in via Alexa. I put a message there saying" Just say Alexa! Turn on Smart Home Demoto experience the smart home features". The showing was between 3:30 p.m and 4:30 p.m. Guess when ST went down…At 3:25 p.m. How do I know it? Because I was monitoring my home through the camera…The buyers came in and read the message and requested Alexa too… but Alexa said “This command does not work on the device”. I was so excited as it was the first showing , but it failed miserably… Nothing to blame towards ST I guess… Outages happen…But this was so ironic… it was almost like ST planned it to make things go bad for me …lol :smile:

The demo was timed to show all features, turn on scenes, change temperature…all with voice over via SONOS. It was working great when I tested it. Thanks to Rule Machine!! Will post a video showing how the demo worked…

Hopefully it will be all systems up for the next showings…and I can get a good return on my Smart home set up :slightly_smiling:

Seems like it is a Major Outage… Although some things seem to be working now.