iOS 2.3.0 - Release Notes

I now have a mix of Blue and Green ON/OFF tiles for various lights.

I notice the dimmer slider in iOS is still not fixed (DIM % does not update when sliding)

:rolling_eyes:

This feature only works with a limited number of devices. If you access the help pages within the mobile app, it will look you to the page that has supported devices. Nest isn’t a supported device on the ST platform and certainly wouldn’t work with this feature properly. What Nest Device Handler are you using? I am using @tonesto7’s and my Nest’s appear fine.

This health feature is supposed to be helpful, not break things, that were working. I am confident they will get to the bottom of this. Just send in a report to support.

Essentially what I am seeing as noted above.

Yes, I am using @tonesto7 's Nest Manager. My best guess is it is a problem with Device Health and the beta firmware I am on. But here are my screen shots:

I can still control the devices from the ST app. The recently tab and activity feed show current connections to my nest account. But IDE reflects the items as OFFLINE.

When I turn Device Heath off, the items on the Things Page return to normal and IDE reflects they are ONLINE.

go figure! :slight_smile:

I have a v1 hub (thank god). So it could be a v2 issue or a beta firmware issue. My guess is beta firmware.

This is not a ios client problem. I’m investigating the issue right now. This issue doesn’t occur on our NST Manager v5.0 devices.
I will push out a patch when i figure out what I changed

Also getting false alarms from a Samsung multi sensor mounted on my internal door. Very annoying especially when you are out of the house and no one is home. Defeats the whole object of having these for security purposes !
Come on Samsung test the updates before releasing them !!!

I have contacted support about this as it is persisting today.

My ticket is #328627.

It seems as if lots of the “[…] not yet ready to support third party development […]” features actually work pretty well (sometimes better than published things that don’t match the documentation even after multiple reports about the mismatch) and that the “[…] When it is, you will find it in the docs, and I’ll follow up here […]” part doesn’t actually happen too often…

I was able to figure things out based on official published DTHs and so far Health Check is working great for my custom LAN DTHs…

1 Like

Hopefully the Device Health capability will integrate nicely with something like the Fault Capability proposed in this thread? It would be good if, in addition to battery and inactivity, events like overcurrent alarms, temperature alarms, firmware faults, etc. could be fed into the Device Health status too.

1 Like

There seems to be a bug with device icons. I’m seeing many of my devices revert to their default icons. If I change the device icon again, it will show the new icon, but then revert to the default icon at some point. Anyone else seeing this?

I’ve not seen that happen … I’m on iOS.

I’m having problem with WeMo as well. My devices switch on via the schedule but both WeMo devices appear as turned off in the new ST app. I can switch things on but the status stays at “TurningOn” until I refresh at which point it shows the device Off, even though it is powered on.

I’m afraid it won’t turn off the devices automatically but I’ll find out soon enough. This new app is not good.

Ticket #328959

UPDATE Tried the last release of the app on my Android tablet, WeMo devices function as intended. Definitely a bug in the new version.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please fix this. I’m tires of waiting 20-30 seconds when I click on this tab.

Support responded and asked me to do some tests. They can see the command being sent and that the device is not reporting back. They acknowledged they have several reports of the problem and are looking at it.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, sometimes I click on a device and get the gear, and I have to force quit the app. I will make another report to support.

1 Like

Great! Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

After I tried the previous app version on my Android device, I did a manual refresh on each Wemo device and the status updated in my iPhone properly. I was able to trigger on/off and it was working properly at that time on iOS. I don’t know if this behaviour will continue or if it was only working because I had the Android app open at the same time.

I had referenced your support case ID and this thread upon opening my own support case.

1 Like

When you say manual refresh are you talking about the button on the device? Here is my problem. The device says turning off never updates.

On my Android device running ST 2.2.7, I clicked on the device name and hit the refresh button as you have pictured in your Chest Family Room image.