Android 2.3.0 - Release Notes

(Tim Slagle) #1

SmartThings Android 2.3.0 includes two new features and several more improvements:

• New Device Health: with this you will be able to see devices that are offline or in a low battery state
  • New Autodiscover LAN Devices: +Add a Thing now includes LAN devices such as Hue Lights, Sonos, and Bose speakers
  • Add a “No Network Available” view when the network connection is lost
  • Show empty states when there has been no device activity for 7 days
  • Several crash fixes and various fixes.

Devices offline, no fix in sight. Smartthings has acknowledged the bug
Hue Connect app is missing - Can not delete Hue Bridge
[BETA RELEASE] Updated Open Source Ecobee Device Type and SmartApps
(Brian Diehl) #2

@slagle is there any way to turn off the Super LAN Connect stuff? Or at least plans to make it optional?

@Aaron and @slagle. There’s definitely been progress on fixing (kind of) text formatting and rendering issues, but something new came up. On smaller screen phones, anything more than 2 lines drops off, and custom icons become super duper tiny:

Note 5:

and a smaller screen:

S4:

(Mr. Smith) #4

Can we finally set a dim level per light in Routines? This has been missing and wanted for a very long time.

What does the green vs blue on status indicate?

From what I can tell, at least with my devices, is that an in-wall device like a GE switch that does nothing but turn on/off, it shows up green. Any device like a Smart Plug that also reports energy usage shows up blue. Bulbs are also blue, and I have no idea why that would be. I guess we’ll have to wait to see what ST says about these changes.

(Wayne) #7

Definitely not liking the tiny text look…
Previously:

Now:

You’re going on the wrong direction especially for those of us who are struggling with small text.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #8

I like the way the icons look now… No more cartoon icons.

(Realy Living Dream) #9

As one of those old blind folks, I think the 2.3 text & icons are actually crisper & easier to actually read.

(Bobby) #10

I can finally see my inputs on the AVR. Nice work no more jumping text…

[WITHDRAWN] Denon Network AV Receivers

I agree. Nice to see pages refresh with the text and icons in the correct locations (no more jumping). I like the new layout.

(Dr. Mom) #12

Interesting, on the Add a thing page there’s now a comment about adding an Echo. There’s no echo listed in addable devices (similar to adding a Google Home). I’m wondering if it’s a

1. Typo
  2. Inactivated feature
  3. Someone confused the smartapp with a device

(Realy Living Dream) #13

Nice catch.
Can we all dream that it is because we will soon be able to send commands to Alexa devices ?

On an Alexa related note. While I haven’t tried YET, in Alexa ST app it still says Good night, Good bye routines are disabled because they include locking the doors.

(Bob) #14

Yes, other than this, the new app is an across the board positive step. Unfortunately, this one negative is huge. Also, I’m now getting an error trying to back-up app data:

Please ask the Android development team to fix these two items.

(Bernie H) #15

My text sixes are all over the place. Some devices it’s tiny and almost unreadable, others it’s huge and pushes info off the tile into no where land.

(Dean Smith) #16

Just wondering… Wheres the “Add a Thing” button gone??

EDIT: IE: not one thats in the list? One that you have to scan for…

EDIT 2: Found it!

(Calvin Flood) #17

Your setup is awesome, can you control your devices from the ST app?

(Bobby) #18

Join the discussion here…

(Wayne) #19

This happens when an android dev does not reference the dpi for displaying fonts.

(Michael Beatty) #20

I’m looking at a similar discussion on reddit /r/smartthings.

People are reporting things like a zwave relay and the harmony hub showing as blue.

Would like to hear a definitive answer on this.