IKEA Motion Sensor - Tradfri (603.776.55)

If you login to the IDE and look at the list of the devices, the Type is the name of the DTH.

Although the Refresh capability is shown in the API as being implemented with a button in the device details view in the app, it is actually implemented by a pull down from the top of the page, like refreshing a web page (which it kind of is).

The same device handler was also used for the earlier of the motion sensor that let you manually change the timer. The current model has removed that capability and returns a fixed time of three minutes.

2 Likes

Thank you. Now I get it. I was already wondering where the two integer values that were being used to calculate the clear-value were coming from.

Looks like I will have to move sensors around in my house.

I want to use the Ikea motion sensor to controle one of the sockets of a Lidl powerstrip. That socket is switching on/off a led-strip. The goal is to provide soft light during nighttime so that I don’t have to switch on the main light. I wanted it to go out after 1 minute without motion. Currently it stays on for at least 3 minutes after the motion has stopped.
Any suggestion for cheap motion sensors which can rearm after 20 seconds? Aeotec and Fibaro can, but those are a bit expensive.

@Frits_Bonte refers to the Classic app tiles:

details(["motion", "battery", "refresh"])

And I think so, that starting from this DH to learn the Groovy language and the way how device handlers are working, that is a steep curve, especially in the middle of the transition from Classic to the current SmartThings app and the capability representation and all the CLI stuff

@Frits_Bonte rather look here to start with the new representations and search the community forum and use the classic documentation.

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/

1 Like

Yes same, but nice and cheap , I have ikea bulbs , motion, 5 button switch , STV3 all went straight on via the ST app.

Ah yes, I missed that detail. It is probably time to remove the tiles stuff from device handlers now the Classic app is defunct.

It is also true that the capability presentation for Refresh is a push button. As with many stock capabilities, the presentation does not correspond with the app implementation. There needs to be a way of communicating that is what is happening.

1 Like

Does the E1745 model work with the Nvidia Shield dongle? I have successfully added to my hub by clicking the button 4 times, but does not seem to detect motion.

No, only v2, v3 or the Wifi Mesh system.

Thank you @GSzabados . Very helpful information. Will wait for Aeotec hub to become available in Canada. Will probably look for a better sensor anyway since the 3 minute cooldown on the Tradfri is not great.

It depends on what you want to use for. What is your preferred use case?

Otherwise the SmartThings motion sensors are quite reliable.

Hello everyone! Is there a way to create a routine where:

a) IF XYZ lights are off , IF Motion is detected, THEN execute Scene

My objective is to have the Motion Sensor activate a specific Scene in a room, but only if no one else is in that room (i.e. if all lights on that room are turned off)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

set XYZ lights off as preconditions
IF motion detected
Then run scene

How should I do that? If I set preconditions for those lights, the options I get are:

on/off

Turn on

Turn off

Color temperature

Intensity

(translated terms, so could be actually named differently in English versions of the app)

Start creating a condition as if you are testing for ‘XYZ Lights are off’. So go to Device Status, choose the device, and then choose ‘off’ from the list of options (which should be ‘on or off’, ‘on’, ‘off’ and possibly some other capabilities if you are using a bulb rather than just a switch). When you do so you should be offered two further options. The one at the bottom is the ‘Precondition’ in English. If you select that your automation/routine should only respond to your other conditions when the lights are off.

Thank you! I now see there’s a translation problem that got me confused. In my language they translated the “Off” and “On” options to the English equivalent of “Turn off” and “Turn on” instead of the equivalent of “Off” and “On”. I’ve managed to do what I wanted. Thank you all for the help

Does anyone know if these sensors will show up in Alexa and can be used in Alexa routines once they are added to smartthings?

Yes they show in Alexa and can be used as triggers.

1 Like

it shows up alright , but it does not work
I can add it as a trigger to the routine but the routine never runs
also same thing in smartthings , I created a ST routine and it doesn’t run that either
I checked the history in Alexa routines and see it has not run even once
I checked the device history in ST app and in the IDE , and see even after it has detected motion that neither the Alexa routine nor the ST routine will trigger , I get nothing and what is even worse is that the motion detector fails to detect motion 90% of time or more , you can have it next to the hub and jump and and down waving your arms for 30 minutes and it doesn’t trigger at all , then I try it again in an hour or 2 and it will detect but then not again for a really long time, completely unreliable
and the battery status in the ST app reports as 80% then back to 100% then back to 80%

and this thing was PITA to get added (Aotec)
when I added it , the new ST app moved all my devices to different rooms!
it said “success” and at the exact same time , half the devices from my kitchen, living room and bedroom all got moved to the basement , I didn’t do anything to move them,soo as it finished adding he sensor all my devices got moved for no reason
it just glitched out and moved all my devices to the basement and I had to move everything back to their respective rooms
and whenever I go to the IDE on my PC it will say no devices and no hubs for like 3 minutes and I have to keep clicking around between different tabs for a few minutes then suddenly my hub and devices will show up
this whole platform is just a hot mess

I’m sorry. Mine has been added for a while (~ a year) and is working for me.

As for the other issues

This happened to me when adding a zwave device by qr code the other day so I feel like it’s more of a platform issue than related to adding the Ikea Motion Sensor.

When i set up mine. It gives you the option of no motion for how long? So i can set it tobturn of the light if no motion detected for 5 mins.

Hello Everyone,

Pretty new to the community.

I added the motion to my V3 ST hub. th paring process was flawless.
But It is not detecting any movement, do you think it is hardware related and I should get it replace?
Or do I have to hanithing different in smartthings?

Thnaks for the help

1 Like