Ikea trådfri motion sensor paring issues

Hi
I cant mange to pair my new IKEA motion sensors. I have the v3 hub.

I have the latest firmware on the Hub as well as the app. But no luck. I follow the setup in the app and hold the pairing button for 10 sec but the hub cannot find them. Ive tried close and at a distance. I have restarted the hub. I have reset the sensor with 4 click on the pairing button but nothing. I did mange to pair one sensor a couple of months ago though. But that was after several days.

Any tips or solutions to this??

Brg
Eivind Napsøy

Holding the button for 10 seconds is the pairing process to a bulb. 5 quick presses factory resets it then it enters pairing mode for the hub.

As @Alwas said. Do the quick presses and it will go into pairing mode.
I believe you have just followed the on screen prompts in the new app, what is, as I can remember, correct for the previous version of the motion sensor, but not for the new/latest version.

Update: Yep, as I thought.

@BroderickCarlin, could you take care of it, please, that this boarding screen would be updated to be appropriate for the old and “new” IKEA motion sensors. Thanks!

1 Like

And while you’re at it, may as well let these things run local too.

1 Like

5 quick press on pairing button did the magic :heart_eyes: Thank you so much :raised_hands:

Yes i have been following the 10 sec press as on the screen instruction :triumph:

Brought this up with the appropriate team and they will get this addressed. No estimate on a fix, but it is coming :smiley:

3 Likes