IDE 500 Internal Server Error

I’m getting a 500: Internal Server Error every time I click the “create” button on a new smartapp. Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone have a workaround?
Thanks…

Are you able to get a device list? When I try, I see this:

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!
Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/device/list
Reference Id
a5d87bd3-418d-41fa-b65e-ef74ba896df8
Date
Sun Feb 08 21:31:57 UTC 2015
Class
org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException
Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [physicalgraph.auth.UserClientDevice#67962776-f9d4-4a58-8f80-fd7f5d49857f]

I can’t even get to the IDE screen where I would start writing the code. I get this:

Error
URI
/ide/app/editor/4f62bca9-0f9c-4713-8a6e-7ca8538b0f9f
Reference Id
9206bb85-95d2-493e-92d5-6d6301eaaebc
Date
Sun Feb 08 21:29:52 UTC 2015
Class
java.lang.NullPointerException
Cannot get property ‘latest’ on null object

I am having the same troubles. I cannot create a SmartApp either and I receive the same 500 error. I attempted to delete a SmartApp earlier and the app still shows up in my SmartApps list too. When I click into it, I get an access denied error.

I’m having the same problem.

Error:500: Internal Server ErrorURI:/device/listReference Id:6cf9c14b-6064-4a1f-b157-0af822d6de5cDate:Sun Feb 08 21:41:59 UTC 2015Class:org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateExceptionMessage:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [physicalgraph.auth.UserClientDevice#0ad848d7-c5b2-4cd4-b0ac-de1c83b4155e]

Ugh, glad to see it’s not just me. Already have a ticket in on this. Will point them at this thread for reference.

Things appear to be working again for me.

If you ever get bored, wait until your device list gets trashed, and start playing in the mobile app. I’ve crashed it about 2 dozen times in the past 5 minutes.

I’ve been having the same issue this afternoon - unable create/update/save/delete apps.

It was working for a few minutes, now I’m getting this:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Method on class [physicalgraph.device.DeviceType] was used outside of a Grails application. If running in the context of a test using the mocking API or bootstrap Grails correctly.

Did anyone find out how to fix this?

I’m getting the same error when I try to open the devicetypes in the IDE.

Error
URI
/ide/devices
Reference Id
0e124d05-1671-46d3-a428-372d14fac64a
Date
Tue Dec 15 23:47:39 UTC 2015

Lots of possible causes, some temporary.

It can be Authentication related… Are you perhaps running SmartTiles in another tab or window?

Thanks @tgauchat, no I don’t have SmartTiles running. I’m not actually sure what that is.

But If you are talking about another tab in my web browser I’ve tried the IDE on 2 different computers, and 2 different browsers on each.

Smartthings support says it’s a known issue and they are working on it.

I’m just not very patient!

1 Like

So SmartThings got back to me, said it is a Github integration issue.

After doing some testing I found that the issue came from the following:
noname4444/smartthings

Not sure why, but I removed that repo and it works now.

Any thoughts as to why that repo is causing an issue?

I’m getting it too when trying to create some devices. It’s convoluted enough trying to navigate such a stupid interface but to have to content with site issues makes me miss micassa verde. They had a much more evolved and mature SDE.

I too
Help me!
Help me! I can not change name of device and delete device

I’m stuck with this also. It first failed trying to change the DTH for a motion sensor, then I’m trying to add Bangali’s room manager smart apps and also get an error (though the DTH published just fine.)

Error
URI
/ide/app/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id
e5dc5e15-6adc-4ebd-8fea-d1ddf4b78be9
Date
Sun May 27 14:37:29 UTC 2018

Try logging into IDE with an incognito/private tab

Nope, same result. I tried incognito mode and even fired up Firefox and attempted there.

You login to IDE with https://account.smartthings.com