500 Internal Server Error with My Hubs and My Devices in the IDE (April 2019)

Hello all,

I added two z-wave switches today and went to update the preferences on both. Right after that I started getting 500: Internal Server Error messages in the IDE when trying to list my hub and devices. I believe some records for those two devices are corrupt and causing the problem as I’ve read in similar posts on the forum. When I try to delete them via the IDE (by using URLs cached in the browser), I get the following error: “No row with the given identifier exists: [physicalgraph.device.JoinFingerprint#3541495]” When I try to delete them from the SmartThings app, it just sits indefinitely, no option to Force Delete at all.

I’ve tried to reset the SmartThings hub multiple times, and at each point where it does the software updates, the process will fail in the Android SmartThings app, and the light goes solid green. I emailed support to create a ticket (# 721394) and called multiple times but they report their systems are down due to an update and are unable to help. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Tagging @Brad_ST

Yes, there have been several posts on similar experiences. Hopefully, Brad will be able to offer you some assistance.

500: Internal Server Error. How to fix it?

Corrupt device is causing 500 Internal Server Error

500 Internal Server Error with My Hubs and My Devices in the IDE

2 Likes

Has anyone said why there seems to be so many of these types of errors lately?

1 Like

The errors were gone this morning and I was able to delete the devices and re-add. Things appear to be working normally now. Thank you.