Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 2/29/16 (Hub V2)

Hey SmartThings Developers!

Between 10:00 am CST (2/29) / 4:00 pm UTC (2/29) / 1:00 am KST (3/1) and 1:00 pm CST (2/29) / 7:00 pm UTC (2/29) / 4:00 am KST (3/1), we will be automatically updating your Hub to the latest firmware. The update is expected to take less than 10 minutes, during which time your Hub will temporarily go offline. The firmware update includes video enhancements, new security options, and bug fixes. This update only affects Samsung SmartThings Hubs (Hub v2).

More detailed release notes:

Version Numbers

• Hub: 14.32
  • AppEngine: 1.2.2
  • Video Core: 0.8.12
  • ZigBee: 2.1.7

Fixes

• Hub
  • Improved DNS resolution
  • AppEngine
  • AppEngine Smart Lighting automations with Sunrise / Sunset do not execute
  • Update SmartThingsPublic SmartApps and DeviceTypes - Comparison of Changes
11 Likes

wow, this must be a new record. Posted an hour ago and no one liked it or commented?

@slagle, this is major! So comes Monday, the sun state will run locally? Sweet…

2 Likes

Is that what this means? They are giving more local control?

It always has

2 Likes

Do, this isn’t the sunrise/sunset?

What’s the word on the scheduler? Ice I’ve seen some improvement, but it is still flakey.

Ya I’ve had the opposite problem this week. Smart lighting routines that are supposed run. sunset to sunrise going off in the middle of the day.

Any details on video enhancements?

1 Like

Bluetooth access??? Surely soon?

How long after the update window should we wait (without the hub updating) before thinking that there is a problem? According to the start of this thread all hubs should have updated by 1pm central - 43 minutes ago. Mine still hasn’t updated… I just rebooted it too see if that would help get it started, but it didn’t seem to have any effect.

Thanks!

dmw999, you are 24 hours ahead of yourself. Its booked for tomorrow, not today (29th)

Kraeg

1 Like

Dang Leap Year… :slightly_smiling:
Thanks !

when I got the email I was really hoping “new security options” meant SHM Delays…

1 Like

Here we go…LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

1 Like

New security options means you now pay for a camera run on ST. Thats all.

Any idea if the “Video Enhancements” will fix the SamrtCam HD Pro issue? and improve the integration with D-Link cams?

hey I would be happy to pay for an upgraded ST offering with priority processing for my system.

Right on time!!!

Mine is done… Only time will tell…

Updated… some rules went berserk and the lights around the house started flashing for a few minutes after the reboot like it was catching up on missed fires but now all working okay.

1 Like