Looks like a Hub Update for V2 is on it's way

This update is for v2.0 of the hub. July sounds like you have v1.0.

I can only hope and they will not make it worse. It is practically not useable for a month now.

While that’s not a detailed change log it does give you an idea of what’s included in the update.

Sorry but I don’t understand why you’ve quoted my own email which I’ve obviously read . I’m looking for more information like we normally receive in the forum.

Sorry, I thought perhaps you missed that piece of information that explains (in general) what’s included in the update.

Not to worry. I’m just very surprised how little information is being cascaded. Just saying bug fixes and security options doesn’t really cut it to be honest without at least a link to some release notes.
Are security options related to addressing the recently publicised device addition flaw?
Would also be nice which bugs are being fixed too rather than the whole community second guessing. :unamused:

3 Likes

@slagle

Tim is the announcement ready? Any chance the ST presence sensor will get some attention? Many of us have to use Life360 instead of the native ST presence sensor capabilities.

@a4refillpad
Your message is quoted because in a long thread if we just post something things get lost. This way, every one reading the thread know exactly what I am talking about, and specifically who I am talking to.

It makes things work better.

Also, he knew what you were asking and he was attempting to give you a little information. There are multiple threads about the upcoming update and past updates. Just do a search.

Announcement is out

2 Likes

Multiple threads? The announcement came out just one hour ago!

Thanks Bobby for posting the link.

Really? Did you do a search? I got the email yesterday…

and yeah… Multiple threads…
Plus, your post that I responded to was 12 hours old…

Where are you getting one hour?

Was referring to the above… and yes I did search but didn’t find the now merged discussion. Looks like a good update coming.

Yeah I sure hope so.

Looks like my hub tried to update this morning but I’m not sure if the update completed successfully. I got a message saying hub updater SUCCESS but soon followed by a message saying UPDATE_SCRIPT_FAIL (see below).

Is there any way to tell if my hub has the correct running version or not?

====== Log messages ==========
2016-02-29 10:07:34.588 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB hub updater action: apply, result: UPDATE_SCRIPT_FAIL, target: 00000000, version: 00000035, hardwareInfo: 000D hub updater action: apply, re… hub updater action: apply, result: UPDATE_SCRIPT_FAIL, target: 00000000, version: 00000035, hardwareInfo: 000D

2016-02-29 10:07:34.365 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB register register register

2016-02-29 10:07:34.336 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB ping ping ping

2016-02-29 10:02:16.019 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB hub has disconnected hub has disconnected hub has disconnected

2016-02-29 10:02:06.357 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB ping ping ping

2016-02-29 10:02:05.575 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000035, hardwareInfo: 000D hub updater action: notify, s… hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000035, hardwareInfo: 000D

2016-02-29 10:01:34.334 AM PST 4 hours ago HUB ping ping ping

These are the same messages I got on one of my v2 hubs (couldn’t scroll down further on the other hub — too many messages). I checked the version numbers and everything seems to have updated; running fine so far :confused:

So what is the latest version of firmware?

As posted 5 post up.

Don’t know how I missed that, but yes mine was updated last night.

1 Like

everything got updated but it seems like all my procedures now have introduced some additional latency - anyone else experiencing this?