Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

Since 18.21 firmware I am starting to have zwave dropouts. Never had an issue with zwave until now.

1 Like

For the most part, z-wave seems a little more responsive. However, since the update about 2% - 5% of the actions sent to my Leviton switches donā€™t make it.

Removing a previously supported feature (Double Tap) no matter how small or trivial is a big no-no for customer satisfaction. Please restore this functionality.

2 Likes

Any thoughts of adopting a double-tap enabled DH in to the Rboy suite?

3 Likes

We already have one and been testing it for a few months. It works with the GE switches but it has some quirks. Just havenā€™t released it because it has a few false positives but if enough folks ask for it, we could release it.

4 Likes

Iā€™m tired so sorry if this is in here somewhere.

I have OTA enabled for all devices. I can see target and current versions are different for my Iris motion and contact sensors but after several days none of them have actually updated firmware. Note that I had OTA off when the hub updated then I enabled it a day later.

Am I missing something?

I was just going to let this go but just in the last day or so my Iris contact sensors have gone haywire. They are periodically doing the LED disco dance (demo mode I believe) and as a result the batteries are taking a hit. Iā€™ve reset them and so far one has done the dance again. And, they are all taking a long time to react. I did add one new Zigbee device (a Cree bulb) about a week ago but all was fine with the contact sensors until yesterday.

Anyway, those issues may be unrelated but Iā€™d like to get my Iris firmware updated at least.

Devices only check in with the ZigBee OTA server (the hub in this case) once every 24 hours. If you go to the IDE and click on the device you want to update, it will show the last update check time. You can hit ā€œcheck nowā€ to force it to check in with the OTA server immediately.

Keep in mind that if the device has poor connectivity the update could take a long time or fail, so it may be prudent to move the device closer to the hub if that is easy to do. Nothing should break but failed updates can drain the battery over time.

Yes, please!

Thanks Paul. Mine all seem to be checking for the update on their own - they are just not updating. This particular sensor is 8 feet from the hub and never shown any connectivity issues (I only have one that has a history of connectivity problems and even that has not happened since I added more devices).

The other issues I mentioned above with the contact sensors appear to have cleared-up overnight.

EDIT: Well, I should have checked further. The contact sensors that were doing the LED light show last night have now updated. Perhaps that was because I had to do the a reset on them to stop that issue? Or, is the light show (flashing all different colors) an indication an update is occurring?All sensors I have not had to reset have not updated.

@posborne
My home with 120+ devices - is a complete mess now - nothing works properly devices going missing and impossible to repair etc

1. How do we fix this
  2. How do I leave the beta program
3 Likes

As for point 2, ask them.
Thatā€™s what I did and they did and upgraded my hub to 18.21.

Paul, my Iris motion sensors have still not updated. Per my post above, the contact sensors, which I had to reset due to dancing LEDs have updated.

Any ideas?

Okay, has anyone figured-out the magic words to get Iris sensors to update firmware?

I took a look and it looks like all your sensors finally updated either yesterday or today. Like Paul said connectivity issues are typically the culprit if the firmware update doesnā€™t work the first time. The firmware updates files need to be transferred over the network a few bytes at a time so even a brief period of interference or some dropped packets can cause the update attempt to fail. We limit the number of attempts per day so that a poor connection doesnā€™t just drain the battery as fast as possible.

1 Like

Well, I have egg on my face. Thanks. I had been checking them but did not actually check again before posting that last message. I had assumed they had not updated as they are still reporting battery at 100%. They changed to 100% with the hub firmware update and yes, I understand the battery reporting was all changed. But, when my contact sensors updated a few days ago their batteries went back to 78% which is what they had been before the hub update. So, I am now confused why my motion sensors have not reverted to something other than 100% now their firmware has updated.

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Can someone post the firmware versions for the updated Iris contact and motion sensors? Iā€™m sure itā€™s in this thread some where just canā€™t find it.

Motion:
Current Version: 0x1C005310
Target Version: 0x1C005310
Last Updated: 2017-08-10 12:31 PM EDT

Current Version: 0x1C005310
Target Version: 0x1C005310
Last Updated: 2017-08-11 11:26 AM EDT

2 Likes

Obvously sending report to both support@ & Beta@ for ZW issues since the .21 release was a complete waste and a reminder as to why I think there should be a way to skip the drones in the first level support. Telling me to just reboot my hub ( like I had not already tried that 6 times) or try a replace, force rejoin the devices not responding ( which again I stated in the email I had already done several times, which changed nothing since hub just timed out during inclusion). It was " interesting" that they said since I have more than 30 ZW devices I am likely to have problems .

Since the device respond to commands via Alexa or GH & report proper changes of state in ST app, just donā€™t respond to automation commands or app ā€œbutton pressesā€ they are obviously working properly and not actually disconnected. Unless of course Amazon and Google have somehow come up with a way to control ZW switches that bypasses ST hub LOL.

Since when is there a 30 ZW device limit ? Was that just added during one of the updates and failed to make it into the release notes? More likely just a drone with no clue giving out false information. On the bright side, at least this time ( unlike 17.xx ) he didnā€™t try and convince me that every GE ZW switch had physically failed and I should contact Jasco if they were under warranty. .

3 Likes

Anyone else seeing secure zwave issues with this update? 3/3 devices worked before the update and they are all not working since the latest upgradeā€¦

1 Like

i have random ZWAVE devices that keep turning ON. i have deleted all automations (Amazon, Google Home, ActionTiles and it still happens)ā€¦

Dont see any activity details under the device (just turned ONā€¦)

driving me nutsā€¦