Hub Firmware Beta 0.31.x

Hey everyone!

We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.31.x will begin rolling out in batches starting June 4th; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.

Version

• 0.31.x

Hub Targets

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub V2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub V3)

Release Date

• June 4, 2020

Release Notes

Features

• Z-Wave:
    • Refresh network routes shortly (up to 30 seconds) after network repair is completed
    • Fix an issue where manual changes to FE599 & BE369 Schlage locks were not reported instantly. Users experiencing issues with these specific locks must exclude and re-add the devices with this firmware.
  • Firmware update for latest generation of SmartThings Motion, Multipurpose, Moisture and Button devices

Bug Fixes

• Fix issue where the color temperature on locally running Zigbee devices is slightly different than the value that was set, for example setting a color temperature of 2700 resulted in a a value of 2703.
  • Fix issue where the Zigbee PAN ID was changing due to a perceived PAN ID conflict
  • Remove all Zigbee groups from the hub on factory reset

NOTE

• Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.30.x) is automatically signed up for this one.

If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet, you can Sign Up Here

If you’d like to opt out, you can also leave the program via the Account Settings menu item in Centercode

9 Likes

Is this referring to the routes in the Z-wave network itself or what is displayed in the Groovy IDE?

Very happy to hear this. Given there are significant updates and fixes in this version, how long will we have to test this before it hits production?

Depends on the feedback from beta testers and QA

Yeah, the new routes would then be displayed in the IDE

5 Likes

Is their a new generation of SmartThings devices coming out or is this an update to the 2nd generation sensors/buttons… Referring to this line:
“Firmware update for latest generation of SmartThings Motion, Multipurpose, Moisture and Button devices”

It’s for the devices that are already available, not a new generation

Great news, I have a few SmartThings multi purpose & motion sensors.
What changes have been made in the sensors & buttons.

1 Like

My two hue lights turned on… that means I just got the beta firmware :slight_smile:

FE599 & BE369 Schlage locks - do i need to exclude and include if i have a different model of Schlage ?

Got updated an hour ago, and all is well so far. I didn’t even have any HUB_DISCONNECTED status on any device.

About 3 Hours in now all seems good, noticed an increased responsiveness with my Zwave devices, especially directly associated devices. Then noticed the update had happened without any notification. Zigbee devices are still sorting the mesh out as I have just added a couple wired devices prior to the update but appear to be in good working order.

I received an email earlier today about the beta firmware update being pushed out. I logged into Centercode and I do not have the hub beta firmware as a project that I’m participating in. Now my hub is offline and won’t connect to the SmartThings cloud. According to the hub event list there was a hub updater event and then the hub disconnected and the last event is that the hub is inactive. Rebooting won’t fix it and there aren’t any network issues. Any thoughts?

Which hub version? What color is the light on the hub?

Hub v3 and solid blue.

Try rebooting your internet equipment.

Just tried again, both the cable modem and router. Then rebooted the hub after those came back up…still no success.

Change ports, and ethernet cable. Of still not working then the next step would be to try to do a soft reset.

What does this fix? My button still falls sleep to much, first press of the day normally means it does nothing or it takes a while before action is done.

I can see there are firmware updates available for my smartthings sensors and some have gone offline, probably due to battery although they reported 40%. I will replace the battery and hopefully they will come back ok. Firmware v14.
Ive not seen changes to the capability of these sensors, are you able confirm what new changes are included in firmware v14 please.