Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

Yeah now I have a new issue, I guess I added to my devices to the dashboard now when I try to remove any the whole app crashes on me. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the information @RBoy, we’ll be digging into it further, but these are very useful notes. The major changes for local secure inclusion were introduced with 17.x, although I would need to review the changes more carefully to say for certain that none of what you reported isn’t new with 18.x.

Just prior to the release, we did discover one issue that could impact users that have a large number of nodes (or rejoined nodes many times) which could be in play in your case – that one would have been around since 17.x and is still being actively reasoned about in terms of impact.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I have no clue
 Maybe try with a different device logged in with the same credentials?

1 Like

V1 Hub, no updates and never the 1st Issue :slight_smile:

I apologize for not reading through all 505 entries. I did a search for a couple of relevant keywords but got no recent (i.e. today) hits.

My hub (V2) is on the new firmware. I also have attempted to fix this by power-cycling it (waiting 15 minutes before turning back on).

Neither ActionTiles nor Simple Device Viewer will show the true state of any of my switches (all are Z-Wave), but they both can control those switches. In addition, Simple Device Viewer shows all my devices as “last seen” at approximately 11am PDT (during the upgrade window, so possibly that was when the hub rebooted).

The Android app correctly shows the status of (and controls) all my switches.

Did something change related to authentication that affects apps like ActionTiles and Simple Device Viewer?

Thanks.

Seeing errors with a device that went from working to not working after the update to 18.21. Removing and re-adding brings back an old issue (per forum posts) with the zwave device showing up as:

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00

It took me logging into 5 different devices before one of them finally let me remove devices from the dashboard and now all is working. I have a ticket opened with support, I am going to tell them that after 50 devices on the dashboard it locks up the whole app and crashes it. Thanks for the idea, this is what fixed it, much appreciated!!!

After the 18.21 update, all my Iris motion sensors are now reporting battery levels of 100% (they were reporting 67% or 78% before, which I tend to believe as the batteries have been installed for months). They also have firmware updates available. I’m wondering what happens if a sensor firmware update is in process should its battery die unexpectedly (due to reporting 100% when it is actually much lower)-- is it likely to brick the sensor? I currently have OTA updates disabled. Aside from this, everything seems to be working normally.

Same with my Iris motions as far as battery. But no fw updates available.

I’ve been having frequent crashes on the 2.5.0 iOS app since the update yesterday. Seems to be a similar issue as to what @jasonrwise77 was experiencing. I only have 2 items on my dashboard though. On my Android devices, no crashes.

Just FYI.

One of my two hubs the update failed. Hub was down for 6 hours. I power cycled it and it is back up but still on fw 17.12. Opened a ticket and no response. Other than stick ticket opened.

[SmartThings Support] Support request #396818: SmartThings Android

All sensor batteries - several brands and kinds, are all reporting 100% battery strength in spite of probably not being full strength due to length of time they’ve been in use. Other than that and a Motion sensor that needed to be reset, all is well.

1 Like

I noticed one issue / regression after the hub firmware update.

It appears that all of my locally running (i.e. local device type) switches are no longer reporting the physical vs digital device interactions. Prior to the hub and cloud update yesterday, all of my devices with DH “Z-wave Relay” and “Z-Wave Switch” would accurately report the event source as physical if the device was actually physically pressed, and would report digital if the event came from ST (i.e. the switch toggle originated from ST app, automation, CoRe, etc). See attached screenshot, the first three events are after the update and are missing physical/digital distinction in the source column.

I have some specific automation that keys off of the digital / physical interaction. Thus losing this resolution of data is troubling.

SmartThings staff, any advice? I’ve inspected the public repo for these device handlers, and nothing stood out to me as the culprit.

2 Likes

Looks like my hub tried to do the update, but went out to lunch and never came back. Power-cycled multiple times, rebooted my router (pfSense), but nobody’s home. Looks like it’s time for a support call/chat. :frowning:

Where to start on 18.21
Well to start I am still showing 18.20 in both app and IDE. Although hud did go offline for about 20 minutes yesterday . All ST ZigBee presence sensors last checked in between 11:30A- 12:30p yesterday ( wife left at 12:30P, returned 11:45 pm) yet shown as present the entire time although history showed no device check ins. Device health still NOT working I turned it on and within an hour about 1/3 my devices ( both ZB & ZW ) showing as unavailable even though working fine. GE ZW switches still not syncing when turned on/off via automations. Android phone presence NOT working until I removed device from ST and then re-added it. This time is was added as a new device ,so I needing to rebuild all the automations that used presence. Schlage lock still taking 10-15 minutes to report actions in the app.
GH not working at all " Sorry I can’t do that yet" with every request. I tried unlinking, relinking GH/ST and it actually got worse. Alexa, I have to repeat request 2-3 times before it is actually executed. I do get" okay" ,even though the actions never fired.

All in all a typical " upgrade"

1 Like

In regards to you still showing 18.20

That makes the hub going offline for a while yesterday even more “interesting” LOL

Also leads me to think issues are related to the cloud update and not hub.

So since the update to 18.21, none of my triggers will fire - regardless of whether they are the native SmartThings, CoRE or webCoRE. I have rebooted the hub twice and power cycled it once. I also tried adding a new simulated swith to attach the trigger to and even tried attaching it to a real physical switch. Nothing seems to make a difference. I can still perform actions manually or via Routines but no SmartApps triggers work at all no matter what I do. Anyone else experiencing this? The actions that I have set up rely on Simulated Switches if that matters. I haven’t seen mention of a similar problem but there are a ton of messages in this thread and I couldn’t read them all.

On a separate note, I’ve only been using the SmartThings hub for a bit over 6 months but I have seen a lot of messages of people running into a lot of problems with various updates, including some having to start from scratch. Is SmartThings just that unreliable? I don’t mind getting my hands dirty but I don’t have the time to have to routinely start from scratch because they don’t know how their own products work.

Confirming your findings 

I just checked some of my switches’ event logs and, yup, no more interactions under the source column since the 18.21 update :angry:

My Schalge Zwave door lock continues to show status unknown. Do I need to push some sort of update to the lock? My hub is running 18.x as of yesterday. @smartthings_support