Hub Firmware Release Notes - 18.18

What about the database update, is that done?

Database migration is done, but there is a cloud deployment going out.

4 Likes

Could that be what is affecting my dashboard in the mobile app? I am also seeing huge lag right now. I unlocked one of my interior doors and it took almost 1 min for the lock to actually unlock.

Not sure on the dashboard - if it doesn’t clear up in the next few hours, please reach out to support. The lag is likely due to the deploy and should improve soon.

Edit: also, try giving your mobile app a forced restart. Sometimes caching can get confused.

1 Like

Thank you, will do!!!

This happened to me yesterday but today is fine. Have to be related to updates I guess.

1 Like

Are you referring to the dashboard?

I have a few sensors that got stuck in incorrect states, I believe when either the cloud or my hub was offline. One Ecolink motion shows active since 7:30 this morning, one Ecolink contact has shown Closed all day even though it’s open, and a third Iris contact sensor has shown open all day even though it’s closed. I have not been home to cycle these sensors, is this expected behavior when the hub and/or cloud are not available to receive an event? Will the hub eventually poll these devices to retrieve their current state, or do I need to cycle them to get them to update?

I had the same thing with 2 contact sensors and 2 motion sensors.
My thinking is that their status changed correctly at perhaps the same time the cloud update was going on. The sensors then changed status but could not contact the server and have remained in an incorrect state.
I cycled the contact sensors and walked in front of my motion sensors and they updated and are working correctly with no manual intervention by me. No resetting of anything.
Just my thoughts.

Yup, sorry I wasn’t clear enough. Dashboard rearranging itself and devices disappearing and reappearing for no apparent reason. I’ve had some pistons skipping beats too, either delay or completely not triggering. It’s been rock solid today tho.

Just got the email that NA hub updates have finished. I feel left out
 Im still rocking 18.20

1 Like

If you’re in the beta and on 18.20, you will stay on that a bit longer. The update today was for users on 17.x firmware to 18.21.

1 Like

@Brad_ST After update the App is no longer associated to my hub and things lol :confused:

You can add Motion Sensors to the list of things that don’t update on the “My Home” page.

Fixed the My Home and Device page not updating to the current status by clearing the app cache on Android 7.

Upgraded to 18.21. I had an ecolink motion sensor report 0% battery for about 2 hours, but as soon as the upgrade finished it remedied itself. If that’s the only issue I had out of ~85 devices, I’ll say it was a success.

Looks like the update created two locations. After talking to support they suggested choosing my actual location and all is good now, got rid of my duplicate location.

My hub went offline at 11:30a (EDT), it is presently still offline/red light on front at 7:05p. Can someone get in touch and let me know the best route to proceed? It looks like (from the status page) that all updates should be completed at this point. Thank You!

@nastevens @duncan

Working on developing a device handler for a new multi metering switch, been finding some issues while pairing the device, it’s a Z-Wave Plus device. Sometimes the secure inclusion fails, that’s okay.

The issue concerning is that sometimes the devices shows up with 0000 for the MSR again. I don’t know if it’s related to the Schlage issue. Let me know if you would like to investigate, this is what I see sometimes pop up.

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00 cc:5E,22,85,59,70,5A,7A,72,32,73,98,27,25,86

EDIT: After rebooting the hub it becomes okay for a while. But if I add/remove the device a couple of times this happens again until I reboot the hub again. I’m on 18.20

@duncan @nastevens

There is one more issue I’m seeing. When the device is paired fresh (secure pairing, Ls mode) it doesn’t respond to ‘any’ secure commands, none. Once I send the device a single command (anything, from BasicSet to Configuration) which is NOT encapsulated, all other encapsulated commands starts working through the secure channel.

I don’t know if this is a quirk related to the new firmware. Any suggestions on how to investigate this?

I can replicate this like clockwork

1 Like