Hub Firmware Beta 45.6

Ack, so the drivers are completely reloading during this attempted recovery? Which means messages/timers are likely to get lost or mishandeled?

PLEASE document these limits and give us tools so we can manage to them.

4 Likes

At least my Hub reset all the Zigbee groups upon update on the latest firmware.

This means all the Ikea buttons and some of the other Zigbee 3 devices required re-pairing or refreshing (as my drivers re-validate groups on refreshing)

for the multiple disconnection problems mentioned in this post:
[Vimar] user in italy?)
it happened even before installing the beta firmware 45.6 (and now 7), a friend of mine with the same problems solved by resetting the hub and then deleting all the zigbee devices and reassociating them.
Now I would like to try this path, but stopping only at reset, without deleting the devices. Is there anything that might be bothering me with having the beta firmware now? I think after the reset it will restore the same beta firmware and all edge drives that I currently have in the hub right? This one operation should clean up the hub, but not lose any data?

Multiple hub disconnects overnight. @posborne Assuming these new limits stay in place, what’s your best guess for the number of drivers that a v3 hub can now safely run?

1 Like

You guys need to allow force applying edge driver, as we could with stock DTHs.
There are many custom edge drivers of similar functionalities out there, just because fingerprints are not included in the stock edge driver.

If you allow force applying edge driver, it will help reduce unnecessary driver installations to the ST Hub, which could be helpful for saving memory usage.

2 Likes

It could do, but wouldn’t the limitation be that it would have to work with the default behaviour of the driver, when you might really want it to work like one of the sub-drivers? Or is there a way around that that I am not aware of because I really don’t like have limited understanding of Edge drivers?

If such a thing we’re allowed it would be good if ST could track the fingerprints of the devices being used in such a way to guide other users.

It would be sad to discover at this point in the game that our hubs are not going to be able to support a local execution installation with the current limits of 200 devices, 200 routines and 50 drivers.

It would be downright disappointing.

Or maybe smartthings hope that when everything related to the groovy stock DTHs in the Hub firmware disappears, which are still in the hub living with Edge, it will free up enough space for everything to flow correctly?

5 Likes

Hey @veonua,

Yes my 5 button and 4 button Ikea remotes just required removal and adding again bit for some reason the 2 button dimmers did not work no matter which driver or removal/adding.

Not sure what to try next as there isnt even anything showing on the IDE logs or the driver logs via the CLI relating to button presses.

I do not have any Ikea dimmers, but I believe you can just install the Zigbee group driver from @Mariano_Colmenarejo and re-group devices

Thanks @veonua,

Sorry just realised mine are the Tradfri On/Off switches.
I have looled through the available drivers on @Mariano_Colmenarejo Beta channel but cannot see a driver which is compatible.

try Zigbee Button + Groups - Alpha Test - #29 by lmullineux

it seems like this thread has all the keywords required.

@Benjamin_Ginders you can use my driver as mentioned by @veonua if you want the groups capability

If you just want vanilla driver then this device is actually supported by the official edge drivers produced by Samsung ZigBee-button

Hi @lmullineux,

Currently the defualt Samsung driver does not work in terms of recognising button presses since the latest hub firmware update so I will try to use your driver to see if that recognises button presses to allow controlling a device

It’s likely because the firmware in your ikea on/off button is not current.

I had to upgrade two on/off buttons to bring them back to life on SmartThings.

It probably won’t work then, my driver is a clone of the official with the added bits

Yes you are correct it still doesnt work with the on/off device but it does with the 5 and 4 button remotes.
Fingers crossed the SmartThings team figure out what is going on with this device.

Thanks for your support

So what hub/firmware doesn’t the On/Off Switch (aka the dimmer) work with? I’ve had one working for weeks now on my V2 hub which has just upgraded to 45.7 with the 5.4.4 stack, and I reinstalled one from scratch yesterday and that is fine too.

OK so they still have the battery drain issue so I can’t use them for anything serious, but they work otherwise.

Mine is an Aeotec V3 hub with 45.00007 firmware, zigbee stack 5.4.4

On/off dimmer worked fine with the 44.0000x firmware and zigbee stack 5.4.2.

My dimmer stopped working after the zigbee stack was upgraded to 5.4.4.
I used the Ikea hub to upgrade the firmware on the ikea dimmer to the latest version (V-2.3.079), then it started working again.

@nayelyz
Is there a solution in the works for V3 hubs that have disabled Zigbee protocol? If unknown, how do I downgrade to the latest production release firmware? One of my hubs is at my parents’ home and they don’t appreciate the joy of beta testing as much as I do.