We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.52.1 will begin rolling out in batches starting on 11-Jan-2023 for V2/V3 Hubs. This will be a phased rollout so that we can keep a close eye on any issues that arise so your hub may not be updated immediately. If your hub has not yet updated, but you would like to get the update please reach out to me via direct private message. I will keep this post updated when additional releases are planned for the Customer Beta Population. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- 0.52.1 Released Jan 11, 2024
- 0.52.4 Released Jan 30, 2024
- 0.52.5 Released Feb 01, 2024
- 0.52.6 Released Feb 02, 2024
- 0.52.7 Released Feb 09, 2024
- 0.52.8 Released Feb 20, 2024
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- Release Date: Starting Jan 11, 2024
As part of our Beta program, it is important for our support team to investigate logs from Hubs running that are reporting errors. To provide our team access, please follow these instructions:
- Go to SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
- Log in to your Samsung Account
- Select the Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
- Toggle on Account Data Access
- Select the time period and choose Confirm
- Changes were made to the Zigbee and Thread stacks. Please call out potential issues you may experience with Zigbee or Matter-Thread devices.
- Fix rare bug causing the Zigbee secure mode and device firmware update settings to temporarily revert back to their default values until the next hub reboot.
- Fix bug where battery-powered Z-Wave devices go to sleep before they are fully configured on the initial join.
- Automatic device firmware updates for Zigbee and Matter devices will be enabled by default on newly claimed hubs.
- Enabled json array encoding for native json module, and improved native json module documentation
- Upgraded xml2lua library module from v1.2-4 to v1.6-1
- Upgraded lustre websocket library from v0.1-3 to v0.1-4
- Deprecated st.base64 library in favor of https://github.com/iskolbin/lbase64/tree/v1.5.3 Can’t find link
- Upgrade luncheon http library from v0.1.0-1 to v0.3.0-1 (chunked encoding support)
- Fixed a bug in thread.lua where unregistered sockets that are read ready could cause a driver crash
- Fix rare bug where Zigbee network incorrectly reforms, resulting in loss of communication with Zigbee devices until they are manually rejoined.
- Changes default configuration for some Zigbee clusters to reduce battery drain.
- Added the ability to delete LAN and EDGE_CHILD devices from the driver that manages them.
- Various Fixes
- Various fixes improve Zigbee and Thread radio stability
- Various Fixes
- Changes were made to the Zigbee and Thread stacks. Please call out potential issues you may experience with Zigbee or Matter-Thread devices. `
Anyone who participated in the previous beta is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet: Sign Up Here