We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.42.6 will begin rolling out in batches starting on Wed March 23. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
Release Date: 22 March 2022 ~ 24 March 2022
Note that this release will be spread over the listed days, so you may not see your Hub update on the first day of the release period. We will post on this thread once all users should have received the update.
- Zigbee device queried endpoints increased from 4 to 16.
- Allow drivers to specify additional_zcl_profiles to allow Zigbee messages of unexpected profiles to be parsed as ZCL
- Move driver call_with_delay and call_on_schedule to be handled on the non main st.Thread to reduce likelihood of blocking issues locking the driver.
- Update low level API to pass ipv4 hub address as string
- Add websocket Lua libraries, this can be accessed by calling require(“lustre”) See Lustre’s docs for more information on usage
- Add st.json library to be preferred for dkjson for optimization purposes
- IO errors on socket communications will now bubble up instead of restarting the driver
- Added driver lifecycle event hook to the shutdown event
Anyone who participated in the previous beta is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet: Sign Up Here