We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.36.x will begin rolling out in batches starting in the week of March 15th; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- March 15th - March 19th, 2021
- Automatic handling of Sleepy device cycles by the Hub – This shifts the generation of Wake Up No More Information (WUNMI) command from the DTHs to the Hub. The Hub will drop any WUNMI command sent from the DTHs, instead, the Hub will monitor the incoming and outgoing traffic and generate WUNMI command when appropriate
- Fix an issue where network repair error logs were not shown properly in the mobile application
- Fixed situations where larger networks would report “Unknown Route” for some devices in the Groovy IDE
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.35.x) is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet: Sign Up Here