Hub Firmware Beta 0.34.x

Shouldn’t be an issue if the firmware updater works the way it should. It should poll the device to ask what it thinks it’s at - NOT use the stored info in the fingerprint and then act accordingly. That is - if you’re talking about the IDE device fingerprint - that will always be set at the firmware revision the device had when it joined.

And lastly Schlage!

2 Likes

Anyone start getting the update?

Not yet, but waiting and hoping it doesn’t break anything…

2 Likes

will the change in Zigbee direct connect to 64 for the v2 hub require us to turn the hub off /wait for 15 min to help rebuild the mesh ? Will this also have an impact on battery devices as they could end up talking further /directly with the hub ?

Assume Aeotec devices especially the multi sensors would be included in the list of firmware upgrade candidates.

1 Like

Is there a simple method to see how many directly connected zigbee devices there are on the hub?

Log into IDE. click on devices. sort on the zigbee ID column. you have to count from there but the will be in order for you

1 Like

That won’t tell you if they are direct connected vs routing through a repeater though. There’s no way that I know of other than looking at each device’s route individually.

3 Likes

That shouldn’t be an issue for the beta. The hub will get the current firmware version from the device prior to performing an update.

Good call on the local control for Z-Wave battery thermostats. We’ll update the release notes.

Right now we’re only supporting the Inovelli Ilumin RGBW Smart Bulb. Although, we plan to add other devices. For now, updates work similarly to how they do with Zigbee where new device firmware becomes available as part of a new Hub firmware release.

Please feel free to suggest support for additional Z-Wave devices using the dedicated thread.

Exactly, i have 4 signal repeaters attached to my hub… Maybe the direct device count could be added to the ide hub page…?

Anyone in the beta program have this pushed to them yet?

Not yet mate

Not here yet either.

Looks like I got it late last night…

Im having some issues at the moment but i dont know if its ZWave mesh or firmware yet. I was already chasing a ZWave issue before the firmware came in.

I got it yesterday evening. No issues to report so far but things seem super responsive today. Not sure if that’s down to the firmware or coincidence but local execution seems a hell of a lot faster.

1 Like

You won’t need to turn off the hub for 15 minutes to rebuild the mesh. It will adjust/rebuild the mesh over time. There should be little battery impact with this change for a network with good router coverage.

just got 34.7

ditto, here too