Hub Firmware 18.x Beta

Please report the issues you see to beta@smartthings.com so we can dig into the details of what’s going on. Can you also check the Laundry Room door automation one more time? I tried something that might have helped but I’m not sure until the door opens or closes again.

I tried resetting the switch, but the replace function just kept running. About that time everything became unresponsive. I rebooted the hub (the light was flashing blue). It rebooted and connected much faster than usual. Now everything is working as expected and yes, smart lighting automations do seem faster.

Everything is screwing up again this morning. Motion sensors getting stuck and lights not turning on. Now it’s affecting my hue bridge connected lights.

1 Like

My Zigbee motion sensors got stuck either reporting motion or no motion. Most of them needed to be reset, a few came back after an hour or so. I don’t know if it was recreating the zigbee mesh or what. I saw a few of them had firmware updates, but that wasn’t the issue.
Things are working fine this morning.

1 Like

booo… i’m still rocking 17.11

1 Like

I had 3 Iris devices (2 contacts, 1 motion) all go offline at the same time. Emailed this in.

1 Like

Anybody happen to know the current firmware we should be seeing for the devices that are now getting updated?

Looks like my Iris Contacts have an update

1 Like

According to the beta email, there are firmware updates for Iris motion and open/close sensors.

1 Like

If you have zigbee OTA enabled on your hub then your device should automatically download and apply the update. In the best conditions the update for a battery powered sensor from Iris or SmartThings takes about an hour but it can take longer if there are multiple happening at once. Also sometimes the download gets interrupted and it will just try again the next day. If any sensors still haven’t updated after a few days it may help to move them closer to the hub until the update completes.

1 Like

We’re investigating the issues that have been reported right now and we’ll let the rest of you know when we’re ready to proceed with the updates. Stay tuned!

1 Like

My smartthings motion and contact sensors are all reporting 1% battery, they are also sending false open/close and motion events.

1 Like

1% battery is the lowest the Device Type Handler will report and it means the battery is effectively dead. The false events are common when the battery drops this low. Replace the batteries and they should start behaving as expected.

1 Like

Refresh the device in the app first.

2 Likes

Just had to check, on 18.15 seems to have been seamless, since as I said I had to check to see if I got the first round or was still on 17.11

1 Like

Overall everything seems to be working well. Webcore automations working and the one smartlighting I have seems fine (based on motion not triggered often). I don’t have any full local processing that happens as I have such a mix of devices.

1 Like

I have had no issues with 18.15 so far. NST Manager, Lock Manager, PlexPlus, Google Sheets Logging, Pollster, Keep Me Cozy 2, Google Sheets Logging are working perfectly. No issues with any of my devices.

1 Like

Upgrade was trouble-free and I have not noticed any issues of yet. Yesterday afternoon some smartlighting based automations worked much faster than usual but this morning they seemed to have slowed down even though not as much as in the past.

Not sure if related to FW or not, but figured I’d report anyways and let you decide. I’m getting a lot more failures with Alexa,
For example
" Alexa turn off kitchen lights" .
" Okay"
2 lights turn off, 3 stay on…
However Google is working fine
" Hey Google turn off kitchen lights"
" Okay turning off 8 lights"
All the kitchen lights turn off, or the 3 that didn’t turn off with Alexa anyways.

Please do not upgrade my HUB until after the holiday :slight_smile: won’t be home to troubleshoot issues.

Thanks

1 Like

Got the upgrade a couple days ago - everything’s working smoothly for me. Smart lighting automations do seem a bit quicker to me, which is awesome.