Hub does not support edge drivers?

Thanks @nayelyz for your prompt repl

2 Likes

@Michael_ST can you advise what else you require from me. I have just change settings to access to a month.

Has there been any update on this?

Thanks to everyone who has DMed me and enabled support access. We are chasing things down now and hope to have some updates soon.

1 Like

Today I checked and my hub seems to be loading drivers with no error messages. I guess this means you found the problem?

How do you send a DM? I am also having this issue. I just bought a new Aeotec Hub, and I cannot download any edge drivers. I am getting the same error as everyone else.

We are still experiencing the same error.

Hi, @phillip2823!
This error is happening for Wi-Fi Hubs like Home Connected or SmartThings Wi-Fi Hub. As you mention Aeotec Hub, I think it’s a V3 Hub. Can you check which firmware version it has, please?
Enter the Hub’s details > go to the menu (three-dot symbol in the upper-right corner) > Click on information

스크린샷 2022-12-21 오후 9.09.43

I have the same issue.
How can I find the request ID?
thank’s

You need to make the request from the ST CLI instead of the web page.
Here are the instructions to set it up:

And the command to install a driver (after you enrolled in the channel) is:

smartthings edge:drivers:install

The CLI will prompt you to select the Hub, Channel, and driver to install.

I’m having this issue, not being able to add edge drivers to the wifi hub.

After upgrading the software version, the symptom disappeared.

1 Like

Linking this issue here as it could be related:

Hi, @Robrall!

Can you help us providing the following info, please?

1. Support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.
  1. Both of your Hubs are having this issue, right?
    Can you try to install a driver again and then send the Logs from your Hubs, please? This is to get the error registered so the team can analyze it.
    a. Sending the logs:
  1. In the IDE, enter “my hubs”
  2. Enter the corresponding Hub and go to “view utilities”
  3. Click on “send” below "send hub logs
    b. Also, it would be helpful if you shared a timestamp of when you tried to install them, for example: 11:00 hrs CST
1 Like

Hi! I have enabled access and sent the logs. Do you need the support ticket number? And yes. Both hubs are having the issue.

We shouldn’t have to be UAT’ing in the live environment. I just bought a new hub and migrated everything from the wifi hub. Seemed like the lesser of 2 evils and fastest way to get the house up and running again as it was before.

Painful task. How is Joe off the street expected to manage such a thing?

3 Likes

I am having the same issue and tried to all the solutions prescribed above but still having the same issue. please help.

Já tentei de tudo também. Nada do hub Wi-Fi atualizar o firmware. Desistindo do ST.

@nayelyz I am getting error trying to install edge driver onto a hub via invitation.
I accepted the invite and see the list of edge drivers to be installed.
My hub is Smartthing V2 Hub with firmware version 000.046.00010

When I clicked on install, it shows error saying My Home (Hub) does not support Edge driver. Please help.

Hi, @ph007.

This is strange, it was only happening for those having a Wi-Fi Hub.
Could you share the following, please?

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.
  1. If you have more than one Hub, please, share its name.

Hi, everyone.

Could someone that had issues installing Edge drivers in a Wi-Fi Hub let us know if it remained after the update to version 45, please?