How to enable logging on the hub?

ok, let me verify some details with the engineering team and let you both know @mvevitsis, @h0ckeysk8er

Any news on this front?
@nayelyz

@h0ckeysk8er
Have you been able to get the CLI logging to work?

Haven’t been able to try. Been traveling for the last week.

@nayelyz is there any news on a fix for this?

Sorry for the late response, @mvevitsis, @h0ckeysk8er.

Our team is aware of some behavior that is preventing some Edge functionality on the Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings WiFi devices from working as intended. We are working on correcting this behavior and hope to have it resolved in a future firmware release for these devices.

Hi,

Same issue here :frowning:

@nayelyz, I would bet that the error is caused by using https at
edge-cli-plugin/live-logging.ts at c3bfd601807407d8911e71e9c6de47cd5c95a41b · SmartThingsCommunity/edge-cli-plugin · GitHub when the hub does not support https for logging (at least this firmware)

Hi @nayelyz

I changed, compiled and linked the cli code, and I was able to connect to log server. I created a github issue with instructions to a tactical fix for the issue.

Best regards!

@nayelyz has this been fixed yet?

I am having the same issue: “Error: Connection to 192.168.1.243:9495 timed out. Ensure hub address is correct and try again.” Tried all steps above to troubleshoot.

It’s not the same error, you’re receiving a time out. (unless you have a Wi-Fi Hub)

Also, please check the following:

• If your network is stable. Spotty networks could cause the CLI to send this command.
  • If your Hub is connected directly to your main router, sometimes, the middle devices can interfere with the connection
  • If no firewalls could be blocking the connection
  • Which OS are you using?

My network is stable. I even tried an ethernet connection instead of wifi. Pings are very consistently below 1ms and telnet properly connects to the port. MacOS Catalina.

telnet 192.168.1.243 9495
Trying 192.168.1.243...
Connected to 192.168.1.243.

Has anyone gotten logging, or even an edge driver itself, to work on a SmartThings WiFi hub?

Sorry, no news has come up about that, so it is still expected strange behavior using drivers in that kind of Hub.

@nayelyz

So is there an ETA for an expected fix? The firmware that was supposed to enable edge for SmartThings WiFi has been out for months now

Apologies for the confusion but no specific firmware version was defined for the release of this fix. Also, there’s no ETA yet but as soon as I get more information, I’ll share it with you.
I don’t know if you saw in other posts that I mentioned I have a list of interested people in this fix’s updates so, I will definitely mention you too.

Please include me also on your list.

Thank you

Done! Thank you for reaching out.

I’m interested in this release for fixes for the logging and the edge driver support.