How to connect Xiaomi Honeywell smoke detector to SmartThings Hub

benerkens

Helpful

September 26

How is your smoke detector displayed in the Classic app? Like my picture in msg #16 ?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Segev_Revivo

September 26

Sorry but what is the DTH ? Is it the Device handler? im newbe😂

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This is how it looks like in classic app.

You have to use the Classic app with all your non-SmartThings devices!

The first picture you show is with the wrong app.

I see
Now that i paired the detector and added new device handler from the code whats is next step? how i know the device handler added correct way.

Your picture from your classic app shows Living Room Smoke

There is shown a smoke detector in the icon, looks correct.

Next step is to start a fire :fire: / smoke to test the detector. Some paper tissues in a metal dustbin gives a smoke you hardly see, but should trigger the smoke detector.

In the Classic app, there is a Dashboard with the Home page. On the bottom is Home Solutions with Smart Home Monitor (SHM).

Press on * Everything OK >

Now you see Status from Smoke and Leaks detector(s).

At least Smoke should show OK with green dot.

I am unable to get this to pair.
Using Classic app and did all the steps Add Device, Add battery, press button. Been trying for 30 minutes.
Nothing. God I hate smartthings.
:frowning:

It is kind of tricky to add them. I added 5 of them ut could not understand exactly how it works. Try 3-4 short presses of the button and then wait for it to come to SmartThings. Also a long hold of the button until 2-3 beeps are heard maybe did something as well.

Does anyone know if it is possible to sync more multiple smoke detectors to eachother? If 1 goes, then all the others should go aswell.

good morning I purchased a smartthings v2 UK hub to connect Xiaomi Honeywell smoke detector, because my xiaomi mijia hub in the EU version could not reveal it, I tried to follow your advice, but I cannot use Xiaomi Honeywell, the device the smartthings app classic reveals the Xiaomi Honeywell device as generic, but it is impossible to modify it or communicate with it. I registered on github and tried to load the script but I don’t think I succeeded. how can i make Xiaomi Honeywell work with smartthings v2 UK version? Thanks.

This works absolutely awesomely !! Being home for the past several months (lost track !) I decided to integrate all of the smart devices into a single management app, the Xiaomi Honeywell works as detailed in your post, I was wondering is there is a smart app that will allow the devices to send alerts to Alexa? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hello!
I have V3 hub, and fire alarm is mu first not smarthing sensor.
Guys, i have done every thing which is mentioned here, but im still unable to connect it. Any suggestions?

Now I managed to connect it, but it shows only “THING” with please wait status. Tried to re-add still same.
@benerkens Maybe you have some suggestions?

I don’t have a clue for a V3 hub. I use it with a V2 and the DTH that’s available.

Anyone else?

I am on V2 and really had no issues pairing them. Might have retried 1-2 times but I have 5 of them paired.

Hello!
I’m considering buying this smoke detector.
Has anyone got it working for the V3 hub?
Regards.

The smoke detector was disconnected from ST and now it is not possible to pair it anymore.
The battery is full,but pressing 3 times, remove the battery or hold the button doesn’t put the device into pairing mode.
Any suggestion will help.

I’m using the “zigbee smoke/CO Detector Mc” driver by Marino and it woks fine except it doesn’t report battery percentage. See if you can change the driver.