RELEASE (beta) - Xiaomi Honeywell Zigbee Smoke Detector

Well, thought I’d share my very basic code for the Xiaomi Honeywell Smoke detector. It’s currently working with ST and reading SMOKE and CLEAR event’s correctly.

rough code though, please don’t blame me as im new to creating dth :=)

2 Likes

If anyone can work further with the code, we should be able to set the sound volume, health check, battery level etc. as the detector should be able to report and be configured with this (currently with the Mi App and Xiaomi gateway though only).

Also, I really want a “Hush” or “Cancel” button implemented in the DTH. In case of false alarm, it should be possible to send a reset/hush command to the detector, so you can avoid actually hitting the “reset” button on the physical detector.

Example of readings from the detector - a lot of work left, if it should be a perfect match :slight_smile:

Are you sure the device allows that? There are potential safety concerns by doing that.

Other devices, like nest protect or halo, take precautions to ensure you’re physically near the device and can confirm it’s really a false alarm, and will ignore attempts to silence if smoke/CO levels are high enough.

1 Like

Not 100% sure. It seems as it could be done though… But could be wrong :slight_smile: For my use case, it would be i nice feature though.

Does it require the hub or can we connect to ST without purchasing a hub?

Interested in this also - any update on whether this works with ST without the xiaomi gateway? Oh and anyone got a link to the actual model for sale - e.g Gearbest?

Works fine without the Xiaomi gateway! But just as a simple “SMOKE” og “CLEAR” alert from the sensor. No other settings or readings are currently available. But it integrates directly with ST without Xiaomi Geatway/Hub needs :slight_smile:

No Xiaomi Gateway / Hub required! Connects directly to ST.

Just received one of these Smoke Sensor and so far really impressed with it.

@KennethEvers thanks for the DH.

I decided to have a look at the code and add battery reporting and a time stamp for the last time the sensor was tested,
Which hopefully I have done.
I have forked your DH and my modified DH is available here.

https://github.com/inpier/inpier-devicetypes/blob/master/devicetypes/kennethevers/xiaomi-honeywell-smoke-detector.src/xiaomi-honeywell-smoke-detector.groovy

Other Xiaomi devices seem to push battery level on cluster ID 0000 Data 30 and it seems to be the same for this sensor, so that’s what I have used (credit goes to other coders who found this) but until battery starts to run down we can’t know for sure if this is the correct data.

Last Tested time stamp:
The manual states that if you press and keep holding the button on the sensor then after 3 seconds the red light starts to flash and the alarm sounds and continues until you release the button. The manual calls it Simulation Mode. This is returned via the IAS cluster and is what I use for the Last Tested time stamp.
I have also made this time stamp available in webCoRE as lastTested for anyone who wants to create a piston reminding them it’s time to test smoke alarms.

1 Like

Absolutely great work :slight_smile: Haven’t had the time to fiddle more with the code, so kudos to you mate :smiley:

Edit: The “last tested” timestamp is actually very useful, using webcore I’m now able to set a reminder to test the device ie. each month. Seems to work great, good job!

1 Like

Just ordered two of these. I take it there is only one model ? - bought from gearbest. (couldnt see model number).

Out of interest, how do you pair the devices (after the DH has been added)?

Install impier’s service handler from here:

Then just search new things while pressing the button on the device. It should show up at least as Thing, otherwise search your IDE HUB log for the device id and Then add manually.

Many thanks, usual sort of pairing. Appreciate it.

Ill let you know how I get on. further question, whats the level of sensitivity on these devices compared with a standard UK smoke alarm. Read somewhere about the different levels of sensitivity in different countries.

In any case, as long as they work then by saving money on not buying a nest or fibaro, i can have several more of these and cover a greater area.

If that’s the case, then I wouldn’t be surprised if those levels were set by local building codes; in other words using a device that doesn’t meet standards in your country could result in fines, etc. And there’s always a possibility that an insurance claim related to a fire could be denied if the investigator determines a smoke detector that wasn’t up to local codes was installed.

Just food for thought. It might be worth looking into that more carefully.

@marktheknife Yeah that’s what i was thinking, however I have one of the nest devices and one fibaro smoke devices, so I should be fine - these are just additional devices as its better have something rather than nothing (in areas not fully covered by other smoke detectors).

CCCF(China Certification Center for Fire Products) Certification - just checked that’s the device’s standard. - cant see a comparison with EU or BS - so people who solely rely on these outside of china should check with insurance etc.

I’m not a security or fire alarm professional by any means, but something tells me that may not be the highest standard that a life safety device like a smoke alarm should meet…

Yep - just searched for last 30 mins - no way of identifying the equivalent standard of GB20517-2006 - so I guess as i said before - Use in conjunction with other smoke detectors as a minimum (Sorry didn’t mean to hijack the forum - just a helpful note for others).

Is it possible to att a function to trigger the fire alarm so if the fire starts in the basement the one on the first floor sounds to?

Two arrived, using impier’s handler. Connected instantly. The battery is showing on both at 8%. Any ideas?

Size and build are pretty good. I’m gona do some actual smoke testing tomorrow so will report back with comparrisons to the fibaro smoke alarm i have.

Well both battery readings are still showing 8%, Haven’t really looked into it as of yet. I checked some spec on the device and it doesn’t seem to have the capability to produce temperature readings.

On testing front- The device responded withing 6-7 seconds in relation to a lit piece of paper held around 30 cm away. In comparison to the Fibaro smoke detector it took around 7-9 seconds from the same distance. Again doesn’t negate not conforming to the current country safety standards, but it does show that they respond well and sooner that other certified smoke detectors.