Honestly don't know what to do at this point

My entire system has gone awry. Notifications happen when they shouldn’t. Lights come on at random. I can no longer rely on my system to perform as I’ve instructed it to. What do I do?

My advice:

Pick one specific problem at a time and raise it to Support@SmartThings.com and optionally as a specific Topic here.

Some will be resolved, I’m certain. And perhaps the explanations for the rest will still be reassuring enough to hang around.

Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:!

1 Like

Buy V2 so you can have a fresh list of issues to complain about. Seriously, though, make a list of issues and bring it to the community. Some recent problems, that we all have experienced, are related to the preparations of the upcoming V2 launch, some are not but the awesome community developers have come up with @smart workarounds.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve already pre-ordered V2, and I’ve already thrown my hat into the ring with support regarding the main issue I’m having (ST is basically ignoring modes).

I mean, I get it - the back-end is changing quite a bit in preparation, and that’s fine… However at one point I had a very loud alarm connected to my system, then it stopped working - I haven’t tried to reconnect it, and I’m thankful for that. If I had, it would be going off all the time for no reason.

That’s the rub: I want to be able to rely on this, but I just can’t at this point. I plan on sticking with it, but…

1 Like

I hear you. In the same boat, although my ears have not been pierced by loud sounding alarm :slight_smile:

I would NOT rely on ST for anything, it is nice for convenience, but i don’t rely on it for anything. It is just TOO inconsistent. You can rely on it turning on a light in the middle of the night when detecting motion, but make sure you have a switch available as well in case it doesn’t work.

I’ve had ST coming up on 2 years, and it works great at times and is horribly inconsistent at times.

I have everything available with some type of back up controller, whether it is Hue app or Z-wave remote, I always have some other way to control things because ST is just so inconsistent.