HomeSeer HS-WD100+ Z-Wave Plus Dimmer not found by SmartThings

Hi, I just received my smartthings 2nd gen hub and trying to add Things to it. It found my motion detector and the multipurpose sensor but how do I get it to find my HomeSeer HS-WD100+ Dimmer? When I go to add things, Lights & Switches, Switches & Dimmers I do not see HomeSeer in the list. Is there another way to make my dimmer visible to SmartThings?

I only have the dimmer. Is it necessary to have some sort of HomeSeer hub as well?

Just go into the generic ā€˜Start looking for thingsā€™ button in the Marketplace and turn on/off the switch. SmartThings should be able to find it as a generic Z-Wave device.

1 Like

thank you! Worked like a charm!

2 Likes

I have the same issue, but tapping the homeseer HS-WD100+ buttons on or off makes no difference. It is not detected by the SmartThings v2 hub.

Anyone else know of any other possible remedies?

I am having the same problem here. I just purchased one of the new SmartThings 2018 Hubs (v3) and itā€™s unable to detect my HomeSeer WD100+ Dimmer.

Iā€™m not sure the advice from @blebson is still relevant ā€“ I am not able to find any ā€˜Start looking for thingsā€™ button, or even the ā€˜Marketplaceā€™ for that matter. I have already tried doing the manual reset on the HomeSeer switch (on // 3 up // 3 down // off) but that hasnā€™t worked. Iā€™ve also added the WD100+ Device Handler (the one by DarwinsDen) to my web console.

From what I can tell, the latest version of the App doesnā€™t really have a button to force it to look for generic devices. When I go to ā€œAdd a Deviceā€ it spins and says itā€™s looking for devices, but the green light on the front of my Hub v3 doesnā€™t blink like when Iā€™ve selected a specific device to look for. Further, because I canā€™t select to ā€œlook for a HomeSeer Dimmerā€ I canā€™t get it to blink/attempt to look.

Iā€™m feeling like Iā€™m going crazy here ā€“ these are the first dimmers Iā€™ve found that donā€™t make my lights flicker, and now I canā€™t get them paired with my Hub!! Is this an issue with the Hub v3? Latest version of the App? any help would be greatly appreciatedā€¦

@TrueJedi Iā€™m seeing the same. Did you ever solve your issue?

Just figured this out, I needed to do a reset. The reset instructions are a little vague, they donā€™t really tell you how quickly you need to complete the procedure! You need to do the 3 up taps and 3 down taps in <1 second - so as fast as you can. Using 2 hands helps.

Sorry for the late reply on this ā€“ I ended up getting it solved eventually as well, see this post: [RELEASE] HomeSeer Dimmer and Switch (HS-WD100+ / HS-WS100+) Device Handlers