HomeSeer HS-WD100+ do you need the HomeSeer Controller? How do I connect to SmartThings Hub?

Can’t find the answer to this anywhere. I just had three HomeSeer HS-WD100+ installed for my home theater and found that it isn’t as easy as starting a discovery mode for ST to pick it up.

Was reading that it might require a Homeseer controller/hub… which seems insane to me if the item is ZWave+ compatible. Is this true? Or is there a work around to connected these switches to the Samsung Hub without any additional hardware?

Thinking about taking them out and buying something that is compatible out of box with SmartThings… they weren’t cheap for this type of experience.

First time poster, long time listener

there are a couple device handlers here

1 Like

You don’t need their controller, smartthings will act as the controller. :sunglasses:

They should’ve been discovered out of the box, but just as a basic switch. If they weren’t, you may need to do a general exclusion on them to clear out any old information.

You will also need the custom code such as @Automated_House mentioned. If you haven’t used custom code before, it’s pretty straightforward. Basically you you are going to copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account.

In this case, the easiest way to do this is:

One) install the custom code as described above

Two) perform a “general exclusion“ on the switches to make sure they are ready to pair to smartthings

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200878314-How-to-exclude-Z-Wave-devices

Three) Then go through the ad anything process, and they should be picked up OK with the custom code. If not, they should add as a basic Z wave switch and then you can shift them to your new custom code as described in the custom code FAQ.

The switches are popular in the community because of the double tap and triple tap feature and your find a lot of people using them. But it’s up to you if you want to go to something simpler. Once you get them installed, though, I think you’ll find them very easy to use. :sunglasses:

@darwin has a popular device handler for them in the following thread:

He should also know what the exclusion step is that you have to do on the switch itself, but I think you just have to tap the paddle once after you issue the exclusion from smartthings.

2 Likes

This is great thank you. I was able to get the flights working for the most part. The single tap and manual dimming works great. Although, once I get around the <10% dim the lights start flickering, which is odd because everything is brand new.

How do you go about programing the double and triple tap? I would love to have all three say if double tap turn on all, if triple tap turn off all

Thanks again for all your help @Automated_House @JDRoberts