[OBSOLETE] HomeSeer Dimmer and Switch (HS-WD100+ / HS-WS100+) Device Handlers

I had a weird issue while adding my most recent WD100+ too. I went to ‘Add a Device’, pulled the airgap pin on the WD100+, pushed it back in, then did the manual reset sequence (make sure that the light goes off or flashes). They never showed up in the ‘Add a Device’ dialog like all of my other ones, but did get added to the ‘Things’ tab as a ‘Z-Wave Dimmer Switch’ device. I had to go into the IDE and manually set them to the WD100+ device handler and rename them before they would work correctly. Hope that helps.

Thanks @bisrael8191 – I will give that full process a try, I haven’t played with the air-gap switch at all. Also, I don’t recall seeing the lights flash when I did the manual reset, maybe my timing is bad…

Question: where is the “Things” Tab in the App? do you mean “Devices”? When you say they “got added” to that Tab, they just showed up by themselves?

In the Android smartthings app, under My Home, there is a tab called Things that lists out every device regardless of what room it’s in. And yes, they just showed up by themselves without going through the normal add process.

I had to try the reset taps a few times to get it to work. The dimmers turn off when done correctly and is pretty obvious when it works.

From what I’ve been reading on these forums and the ST Facebook group, any custom DTH may only work in the SmartThings Classic app…you might do some digging in that.

Thanks for the info - I think the mismatch here is that I’m using the App “SmartThings (Samsung Connect)” and not the App “SmartThings Classic”. I tried to use the Classic App, but I can’t get past the initial “Hello! Enter Code Here” page because my Gen3 Hub doesn’t come with a code, and there’s no way to bypass that screen in the Connect App without entering a code first…

So, in the SmartThings Samsung Connect app, I don’t have the same tabs that you’re describing, and even after following all the steps to reset my HomeSeer Dimmer multiple times (light went off and back on, as described) and place it into pairing mode, it’s not getting picked up during the generic ‘Looking for Devices…’ cycle.

Anyone had any luck using this Samsung Connect App? (or for that matter, bypassing the “Enter Code here” screen on the Classic App without having a code?)

Got this working finally!! Answering my own issue here:

• It turns out that the new Gen3 Hub must be setup with the “Samsung Connect” App
  • The ‘Classic’ App cannot be used at all until after this happens – I had to exit and reload several times before it recognized that my account had a Hub on the back-end and stopped asking for a Welcome Code (for Gen2 Hub and prior)
  • Finally, after getting in, the Classic App was able to recognize the switch as a ‘Generic Z-Wave Switch’, and I was then able to set the device handler manually from the web console.

Unfortunately, this means that for any user new to the ecosystem (and purchasing the latest version of Hub hardware + HomeSeer devices), the out-of-box setup process requires two different Apps plus the web console, used in the exact right order. This is… not intuitive. Hopefully Samsung / SmartThings get’s their new/old Apps playing a bit friendlier with their latest Hub soon!

1 Like

Not sure what happened, but my WD100+ v50.3 devices are able to set their ramp rates and configure correctly now. I don’t think my classic android app or the device handler changed versions (I did update my phone’s android version to Pie). Hopefully all the magic stays working and I can move on to other automation. Thanks @Darwin!

1 Like

Hey all, I have my next exciting question for this group…

I’ve gotten all my WD100+ Dimmers working excellently, including re-configuring my double-up / double-down button presses to give me the exact preset light levels I want (awesome! Great DH @Darwin!)

Here’s my next question: I’d like to setup my Triple-Tap actions (up/down) to trigger a couple Scenes that I have setup in the SmartThings Classic App. The scenes work great with voice control, but I can’t figure out how to modify the Device Handler to associate Triple Up//Down with “activate scene”.

Anyone have experience with this?

How do you do that? All mine seem stuck at a random 100%/25% for some insane reason.

@xamindar – it requires modifying the code of the Device Handler, specifically, in the case of “doubleTapDownToDim”, I wanted it to do 1% instead of 25%, so I modified this ‘Preferences’ Line …

98 input "doubleTapDownToDim",    "bool", title: "Double-Tap Down sets to 1% level",      defaultValue: false,  displayDuringSetup: true, required: false	

Then, you search the rest of the doc to find other instances of that phrase – “doubleTapDownToDim” – you’ll find it again on line 373, and beneath it, the spot to configure the Level you want it to be set to:

375 result += setLevel(1)       

I’ve been able to make these kind of minimum modifications to the structure that’s already in place (hope this helps!), but I’m stumped on how to configure new/different actions entirely for the Triple-Tap features

Awesome! Thanks, I’ll give it a try. I wonder why it can’t just be a configurable setting in the options?

I just installed my first WD-100+ and I am running to an issue. I have installed the 1.05 device handler and able to assign the dimmer to that device handler manually. However, i can’t seem to get the switch to behave the way the DTH is suppose to tell it to. For instance, i changed the local ramp rate dim level to 90%. i believe this is suppose to chnage the speed of the light dimming up and down, but it is not. It is still slow as default. I also turned on single tap sets to full brightness switch and that does not work either.
I can look at the status on the ST IDE and see under preference of the switch that the settings I selected are there.

Also, when on the device page on ST app, below all the single and double tap icons, there is a config butten in the lower right hand corner. When i press this button, it does not do anything. What is it for?

@superhuynh, I’m not sure why this isn’t working for you. I have the same setup and I just tried the ramp rate change and it worked. Once you make the changes in the ST app (the gear icon) and tap save, then you must click the “configure” button in the bottom right of the device’s control page (like you are referring to). Tapping the configure button sends the configuration you just did to the switch.

Let me know if that works.

That’s what I have been doing. Making the change, pressing Save which brings me to the previous screen, then pressing the config button in the lower right hand corner.

maybe I am not making the right change? What should I set the local ramp rate dim level and local ramp rate duration to if i want instant on to full brightness when i turn on the light?

I also tried “reverse switch”, save, then Config and it doesn’t seem to do anything. I single press down and it doesn’t do anything. Single press up and it turns on like normal. Single press down and now it turns it off like normal, but then turns itself back on. Single press up and it doesn’t do anything. Single press down and it turns off like normal and stays off.

My firmware is 50.4, and my handler is 1.05. Are those the most updated versions?

Do i have a bad switch?

It says I have firmware V5.16…mine will be 2 years old in January, so I don’t know if 5.16 is comparable to 50.4?

I am also having an issue setting the ramp rate resolution using this device handler. However, setting the ramp rate speed does work. I am on firmware version 50.03.

I was able to change the ramp rate resolution using Z-wave Tweaker.

I need to change the ramp rate setting for a lot of lights. Would it be possible to make these settings available in Webcore so I can do this in one shot?

Yes - definitely possible. I’ll put it in the list for future enhancements. I’m also past due in updating the the fingerprints for the W(S/D)100+ handlers for the latest HomeSeer 50.X firmware. I’m hoping to have a some spare time in the next several weeks to look at getting an update out.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for making this device handler for Smart Things! So I have a question. How do I get the lights to turn on and off instantly what settings and ramp rates do I need to use? Right now they go on and off slowly with a single button press.

Thank you,
Jason

In settings on the mobile UI for the switch, using either Local (physical switch button presses) or Remote ramp rate (virtual/programmatic switch commands), or both:

1. Choose a small duration of each ramp rate level (suggest 1) - and/or -
  2. Choose a large dim level % to change for each duration (suggest 99).
  3. Select Save
  4. Select the Configure button