Google Home Assistance - problems with ST - KNOWN issue to Google

Thank you for the quick response! Lars just reached out to me. Really hoping to get this all sorted out.

Lars took care of mine too. Thank you.

I have the same issue as everyone above (canā€™t unlink ST from GH). Lars, are you able to send me a PM I can reply to as I am new and canā€™t initiate a PM

Hi, Lars - same here. New and not able to PM. If you have time at some point, I would so greatly appreciate a message so I can reply. Thank you so much for the help you are giving everyone, Sir!

I am having same issue (Unable to unlink ST from Google Home).

I have tried various options including uninstall/reinstall Google Home and SmartThings app and reset Google Home.

I have also removed Google Home from Smart Things -> Automation -> Smart app.

Same issue here.

Having the same issue. Was able to unlink last week but have never been able to relink.

Removed ST from GH and GH from ST. When I try to relink in GH Iā€™m taken to ST login page and then to selection hub location. After authorizing web page reloads to same window asking to authorize again.

When I go into ST, Google assistant is under smartapps but nothing from ST shows up in GHā€¦

Same problem I was able to unlink and relink once this morning but that means all devices are added to google home which I donā€™t want so Iā€™m stuck again trying to unlink again

I hope this helps others as well.

By default all devices will be added with this new authentication method, BUT you can easily control this by opening the ā€œGoogleā€ smartapp within the Smartthings app and un-toggle ā€œAllow Google Assistant to access all devices and Routinesā€ then just below that select the devices you wish to have access to in GA/Google home.

Thatā€™s not what the last 9 people have been moaning about.
I have been able to unlink and relink once in the last 24 hours but now Iā€™m stuck with all 71 devices cause I cant unlink again.

Iā€™ve also noticed that the ST API shows the message"Resync failed, code=400" whenever i try linking, or doing anything with the google homeā€¦

The 400 code is nothing to worry about. It is a consequence of devices not being synced.

Ok good to know. Was hoping it was a clue so it could help get this fixedā€¦

Everything is working great now, thanks Lars!

Hi Lars. I am having a similar issue with the following error (couldnā€™t update setting. please check your connection). I cannot PM as a new contributor. Could you please assist?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a status update on the Google Assistant linking issues.

1. Google has found the cause for the failure to unlink and a fix will be deployed next week.
  2. Google is still investigating why some people are unable to link.

Again, apologies for the issues everyone here is experiencing or has experienced.
Lars

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the update and for advocating for us mere mortals @Lars! :wink:

1 Like

@Lars, are you able to get the accounts unlinked while we wait for Google to fix it? I canā€™t PM and my fiance is having this issue on her account.

@Lars ā€¦ I am having the same or similar problem now. It came after I went through the required upgrade indicated in my Google Home. Now SmartThings is saying I have 28 devices even though I went through and deleted all the Hue lights from SmartThings. I linked my Hues directly into GH. I have half that many devices.

I am currently unable to unlink the SmartThings account from GH as others have described. I assume this would reset the device list so only my existing SmartThinks devices will be connected. Oddly, I also lost the ability individually address bulbs within a room. I donā€™t know what thatā€™s about but Iā€™ll start by unlinking SmartThings and relinking it again.

I see some people found a solution in a PM exchange with you. Apparently, as a new member, I canā€™t PM. Please advise on what I should do. Thanks!

Can you please explain what update was requested by google home? was it the firmware or the app on the phone?

What GHome firmware you on?