Good Bye! Routine not working

Yes - I’m turning off a Outlet socket “if” on also.

When setting the ‘Goodbye’ routine the following devices are turned off:

4 x Sonos Play:1’s
1 x Sonos Playbar
1 x Sonos Sub
3 x Osram Lightify Bulbs
1 x SmartPlug (v2)

SHM set to Armed (Away)
State set to Away

When I get in proximity of the property the ‘I’m Back’ routine runs automatically.

Ok, I had an idea, but… alas it wouldn’t be the case here. Off to do more debugging. :smile:

Any update on when this will work please (heard an ad on the radio promoting the systems ability to automatically switch off the lights when everyone leaves, which isn’t the case at the moment).

Thanks
Guy

This is all rather ridiculous, this use to work absolutely fine. Is this what we are to expect in the future, that rather than bugs being fixed more bugs are introduced to the product? I’m glad at this stage all I use it for is to turn a few lights on and off! I can’t imagine anyone actually trusting this system to lock or unlock their house or arm proper security systems which link to police and or fire departments. Pretty poor show, especially combined with the IFTT fiasco.

Yes, I agree - I’ve now stopped investing in anymore SmartThings kit as its flakey at best - hope that my bulbs work with some kind of Apple HomeKit hub when one comes out.

Are there known issues with routines working in general? I have a “Good Morning” routine set up, where at 6:30am, it runs that routine, which then turns on a device. I noticed last week that 3-4 days went by and the routine was not being executed. So i modified the routine to execute at 6:30am or at sunset. It still does not work. 6:30am comes and goes, and the routine does not run. Sunset is being logged in the daily feed, but the routine does not. Prior to a week or so ago, the routine worked without any problems, and no changes were made between that time and the time it stopped working.

Broken routines here too. Boo! So many bugs, so often. I wish it weren’t so.

1 Like

Many issues in the last week. See:

If it’s any consolation, my Good Morning! routine has stopped working since Sunday. Everyday I become more and more frustrated with this stupid thing.

1 Like

My Good Night, Good Morning and Goodbye routines worked last night and this morning. :slight_smile:

The goodbye routine worked??? Hmmm thats interesting!

I’ve noticed My Good morning routine which is meant to go off at 8 - goes off at 4pm. Its all rather weird.

Yes, Goodbye worked for me this morning. It hasn’t in a few days. I manually executed Goodbye yesterday afternoon and it seems that after that, my automatic functions such as GoodNight, GoodMorning, and Goodbye have all started working again (at least so far)

This is from this morning (automatically run based on no motion for 20 minutes):

Is good-bye solely being run on motion rather than a presence delay?

@deano12 - how long of a delay are you using before triggering goodbye?

Well after everything, me jumping to conclusions… it appears I’ve never left it long enough to test… It was set to a 10 minute delay!

I’ve just changed it to 1 minute and will test tomorrow.

2 Likes

Well after all this - It worked this morning! Really happy!

Now just fix the other 2 big outstanding issues for me: oAuth (UK side) & TTS for notifications!

Oh and maybe adding other users on Android! :smile:

1 Like

My goodbye routine is still not working.

Under the ‘Everyone Leaves’ section, I have it so that when both me (android phone) and my wife (presence sensor) are away (after 10 mins) - the ‘Goodbye’ routine is completed.

My wife has been out since 12:30 and it’s still hasn’t triggered.

@Hilly_2015 - I have the same setup and I can confirm my Goodbye routine didn’t trigger this morning either.

1 Like

Same here, doesn’t work still, also based on presence.