Eight Sleep Smart Mattress Cover (formerly called Luna Sleep)

I discovered this tonight as well, an interesting potential alternative to the yet-to-be-release Samsung SleepSense which from discussions, might not support memory foam mattresses whereas Luna should support anything.

When I read that it could control temperature I was very excited as memory foam gets VERY hot sometimes but couldn’t work out how they’d do cooling, heating is easy, cooling, not so much. Anyway after digging through their FAQ, as suspected it can’t cool but can only heat which isn’t useful for me but the other functions could be!

I see on their blog they ‘officially’ announced integration with ST and they even list ST integration on their site now:

http://www.lunasleep.com/integrations

But they seem to claim a lot of ‘integration’ so I’ll remain skeptical until it’s out. Still, could be perfect for triggering that Good night! and Good morning! routine, heck maybe even separate for you and your partner which is great for me since I have a separate shift from my GF.

I’m with you on this one. Let’s wait and see. Routines would be awesome if triggered per person. Now all I need is one on the baby’s bed so I know when EVERYONE is up.

I hope this ships. I feel like its been preorder forever

I assume anyone else tracking this product has already seen this, but…
They have changed the name of this product from Luna to Eight
http://blog.eightsleep.com/luna-is-now-eight/

1 Like

Where is the fun in that!? :slight_smile:

@Ben

I know a number of us have given to this campaign. I’ve asked them about ST integration and they made it seem like they would like to if you’d partner with them! This really opens up some pretty cool integration with STs… Who do I have to kiss up to to help make this happen?

You can definitely integrate it via an IFTTT protocol. We hope to release a more seamless and simple integration soon if we close a partnership with SmartThings.

1 Like

Luna has officially announced support for Smartthings, but still no ETA

1 Like

Yeah I saw that. Made the investment completely worth it assuming the product ever launches they are only 6 months late (on a 6 month deployment).

Is anyone else concerned by the fact that there have been zero review units sent out, almost no product images and no samples of the software?

This is very cool! I’ve conversed with one of them a bit about ST integration, and I’m extremely pleased to hear that they are seriously working on it. Very encouraging. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.

Their last update says final update and shipment at the In Feb. - translation Feb 28th. I would say I’m slightly concerned but hoping for the best. Also their last update did have lots of “production” photos.

1 Like

I went ahead and pre-ordered one last week, fingers crossed! It seems that their efforts have been concentrated on getting venture capitol investment for the company. They just secured $6m ( a few articles popped up a week ago). It’s just odd that they have shipped a few, but there are no reviews anywhere online. Their Twitter account has posted since November, their blog.eightsleep.com site is a 404, etc. Occasionally, their Facebook page will post a sleep-related article, but very few things about their own product.

2 Likes

With all of the inquiries, suggestions and feature requests they’ve received from the home automation community (here at SmartThings and beyond), I wonder if they took a step back to work on implementing some of that.

I know…not likely, but still, I can hope…

I did get a note a few months ago tell us that they had integrated into STs. I got an email 2 weeks ago telling me they had started shipping to early adopters (I’m one) but I haven’t gotten a ship date yet.

Their support is very responsive - which is at least a semi-good sign.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates.

Interesting…I have also had great experience with their staff. However, they just said it’s a cool idea and they want to do it someday, but it’s something that’s probably not going to get done any time soon.

That was in November though. So, I suppose perhaps some movement has occurred since then, but really?..full integration with SmartThings? If true, that’s awesome! :slight_smile:

That’s weird because I got this update in Sept. of last year.

Thanks for posting that.

Very interesting. I guess the only saving point for my mind is the fact that it says, “will be”. :slight_smile:

Just thought I would share the latest tidbits from the update I got yesterday. They said they seem to be on track to send me my unit in October 2016.

IFTTT INTEGRATIONS
We are planning to release our IFTTT channel in a couple of weeks.These are the events that we are including in the first implementation:

• One user gets in bed
  • Both users get in bed
  • One user gets out of bed
  • Both users get out of bed

OPEN API AND DEVELOPER DOCUMENTATION
We are finalizing the documentation and interface of our open API. This API will give developers the ability to receive sleep metrics and control the device - just like our app does. The release of this API is planned for the end of September. Backers who purchased the Developer pack will be the first to receive access to all the documentation.

1 Like

This would only be the 4th date they gave us and a year late from the original date! For a crowdfunding that’s not half bad if it’s finally right :slight_smile:

Got my Eight yesterday, now need the API and/or the IFTTT integration to make it useful.

1 Like