(EDGE Driver-Mc) Zigbee switch MC, Zigbee switch power MC, Zigbee multi switch and child MC

For the future, or the benefit of anyone else in the future reading along, here are the instructions:

FAQ: Using Tuya Zigbee Devices Directly With a SmartThings/Aeotec Hub (2024)

1 Like

It’s a good guide,

Perhaps you could add this important note:

• Once your device fingerprints has been added to a community driver, do not change to new driver from Zigbee Thing stock or Zigbee Thing Mc. This could cause your device to not work properly or appear offline after a few hours, due to your device not being configured correctly.

Follow these steps:

• Install the community driver with the new fingerprints added to your Hub
  • Uninstall the device with the App
  • Check or put the device in pairing mode
  • Add new Device in the App and use the Search nearby devices option.

Thanks

1 Like

Added to the first post in the FAQ:

FAQ: Using Tuya Zigbee Devices Directly With a SmartThings/Aeotec Hub (2024)

2 Likes

Thank you for adding the device to the driver. I followed your directions and removed / uninstalled the device and then readded. I went to driver and attempted to search for different driver but it says nothing available.

Attached is a pic showing where I have your driver installed on my home hub.

The Step 1 is to install the driver that has the fingerprints of your device on the hub.

If you already have a driver installed, check the version date in the app or smartthings, advanced users.

If the date of the installed driver is less than what I posted, then you have two options:

• Wait for the driver to update automatically in 12 hours maximum
  • Uninstall the old version of the driver and reinstall from my channel.

After you has the last version installed then uninstall device ans re-install it

It appears the default / stock driver the device is currently using is older than the community one you just updated today (default date is 2024-02-13).

Not sure I follow how to delete the current default driver in order to get the one you created and updated today to load on the device. Apologies for all the dumb questions as I’m kinda a novice at this as you can tell.

You need install this driver version.

Uninstall device and delete zigbee switch from app or smartthings advanced users

I uninstalled device and went to Smartthings advanced settings and am attempting to delete default / stock zigbee switch driver but receiving error message can’t delete because still in use…but I deleted the device from Smartthings app so not sure how it’s still in use?

Use don’t need to delete default drivers. If a custom driver such a Mariano’s contains your fingerprints ST will choose the custom driver over the stock driver. But you need to make sure you have the latest version of the custom driver.

1 Like

So your saying don’t delete the default/stock zigbee switch driver now?

And I’m not sure how I know if that is the latest and greatest default driver it’s using…all I reported back was the date that was on the driver under driver details within the app: 2024-02-13

You screenshot shows to default ST driver not Mariano’s custom driver that you need.

If the mobile app pick your hub, open it, pick 3 dots, select driver, find Mariano’s driver, click on it to see the version date. If it is not the latest version you need to wait up to 12 hrs. for it to automatically up, or manually update it.

If you don’t find Mariano’s driver listed you need to install.

Maybe the error message blocked so that you didn’t see…but Mariano’s driver is in fact installed on my hub (driver entry right above the default/stock one).

I’m trying to get my zigbee device to use the custom driver from Mariano but when I go to the 3 dots and select driver and select a different driver it says none found which is the current issue right now.

Did you delete the device and re-pair it next to the hub? Don’t do a driver change.

If you did delete and re-pair the device then there is probably still a fingerprints issue. Tagging @Mariano_Colmenarejo

Yes the device is currently deleted even as of now. But I did attempt to add device (only about 10 or so feet from hub) and it adds back fine every time Ive tried but still wants to use the default driver and says nothing found custom wise to change it to.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I see the problem there is typo in the fingerprints

4 Likes

One letter is wrong in fingerprint

Fingerprint TS0002

4 Likes

Good find gentleman…that’s more than likely the issue :+1:

Hopefully “we” can get @Mariano_Colmenarejo to fix it and get this resolved…thx for sticking with me btw!

1 Like

And just so you know… The stock drivers are included as part of the hub firmware for all customers with compatible hubs. If you do delete one, it will just add itself back again quite quickly. And as @Paul_Oliver mentioned it shouldn’t make any difference that you have it on your hub because custom edge drivers with a matching fingerprint are given priority.

1 Like

@Tech_East

Sorry, error fixed in this driver version

Thank @Paul_Oliver @TapioX

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc
 Version      2024-03-03T21:10:46.447643999
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: "TS0002/_TZ3000_ruldv5dt"
    deviceLabel: TS0002 Two Switch
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_ruldv5dt
    model: TS0002
    deviceProfileName: two-switch
2 Likes

Just wanted to report back from yesterday and say the community driver was available shortly after fixing the typo. Everything is installed and working flawlessly. Thank you again to everyone here that contributed and helped me immensely.

3 Likes