Smartthings plug and power meter kWh

Nothing seems to be going right for me with upgrading to edge drivers, now I’ve got issues with smartthings plug that tracks energy usage.
Both my plugs have decided to increase the kWh at the rate of 1kWh every minute, power draw is only 60Watts max.
This doesn’t seem to happen all the time, which is really weird.
It’s currently running the ZigBee switch driver, I’ve tried these other edge drivers as well, most don’t work correctly, like the ZigBee Switch MC driver will go offline.
I’ve deleted and re-added the plugs several times as well.

Any suggestions

The rate unit was not a part of the Zigbee standard. So every manufacturer interprets it differently.

There is a special coefficient in the ST edge driver for the power meter to keep the measurements down to reality.

what you can do is just download the driver and put the right number there like value/1000

You would think been it’s a Samsung smartthings device(model 6a-pl-z-k0) , it would correctly configure it.

Hi @Ace2

The zigbee switch Mc does not measure real power and energy, it has a virtual meter that works by entering the value in W of the load connected to the plug in settings.

It will surely be offline because its fingerprints will not be in the Zigbee switch Mc driver.

I don’t know what fingerprints your device has, but if they are, they will be in the zigbee switch power Mc, which measures power and energy sent by the device.

The stock zigbee switch driver should measure power if your smartthings device measures power, but I think it doesn’t measure power, like the stock DTH

Even tho the driver zigbee switch power Mc is installed on the hub, it’s not a option for this device, the image I posted earlier, are the only other driver options

I would add, the power meter on it’s own is working fine, it’s the power consumption that’s haywire.

If you change the driver to the zigbee thing Mc and send me the manufacturer and model information, I can add it to the zigbee switch power Mc.
Like this

It probably works similar to the zigbee switch since it uses the default handlers.

Surely with zigbee switch is paired as generic with power and energy since the stock driver only shows power for smartthings plugs.

Here you go.

1 Like

@Ace2,

D0000 and D0005 models Added to this driver version
If you don’t want to wait 12 hours for it to update automatically on your Hub, you can delete the zigbee switch power Mc version of your hub and reinstall the new one from the channel

┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ Zigbee Switch Power Mc               │
│ Version     │ 2022-08-10T11:31:32.948918509        │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘
  - id: "LDS/ZB-ONOFFPlug-D0000"
    deviceLabel: "LDS Outlet"
    manufacturer: LDS
    model: ZB-ONOFFPlug-D0000
    deviceProfileName: switch-power-energy-plug
  - id: "LDS/ZB-ONOFFPlug-D0005"
    deviceLabel: "LDS Outlet"
    manufacturer: LDS
    model: ZB-ONOFFPlug-D0005
    deviceProfileName: switch-power-energy-plug

@Ace2
For a good configuration of the plug is better uninstall from app and install by search nerby with the zigbee switch power Mc installed.

I uninstalled the driver from my hub and the re installed again.
I just went into the plug via app and selected this driver from the list just to try it out before deleting/repairing the plug.
Straight away I can see it’s working correctly, kWh’s are corrected to Wh’s in the consumption (haven’t used a kW yet) and I can see it’s increase in 10Wh’s instead of 1Kwh.
So I think you’ve fixed it, thanks so much for that, it’s been doing my head in…

1 Like

I have a SmartThings Smart Plug (GP-WOU019BBEWA)

Which I am trying to have monitor the power on the washing machine to determine when it finished.
Its been migrated to the Zigbee Switch driver.
This is what the History shows:

Cannot make any sense of these readings, eg it reports 11 power readings in one minute all over the place?
Also I cannot understand the device screen. I estimate the 1 hr usage to be somewhat less than 1.2kWhr, what is the 218,586 figure in the Power graph and the 0.07 in the Energy consumption graph.

Have you seen the above about fixing mine and are you running the driver “Zigbee Switch Power Mc”

@Mariano_Colmenarejo will be able to help you out as well, been so helpful to me in past.

Hello, i have a adurosmart eria power plug but it is only showing as a zigbee switch and it is not showing the power consumption. Is it possible to add this device so this can be available?

Hi @Rampestamper

This device does not support power and energy.
only has cluster 0006 and has not 0702 and 0B04 clusters

1 Like

Thankyou for your quick reply i bought them a couple of months ago for this exact purpose but apparently i bought the wrong one hahahah. Thanks again.

Hi mate,

Any chance you can do this one? It works fine but it reports the kWh wrongly

Hi,
It’s wrong?
Could you be more explicit?

Hello @Mariano_Colmenarejo,

thanks for awesome work! Found this thread about similar problem Im dealing with.

I have immax neo Lite smart two socket that has power meter function, its dual standalone plug, each with separate button. Driver Zigbee power/meter Mc works correctly, would it possible to merge it with Zigbee multi switch and child Mc or maybe Zigbee switch power Mc so it keeps also the dual separate plug configuration with power meter please? I belive multi switch child Mc was working for me with both plugs showing, just cant repeat it now.

Hi @Gnom3n

This device, like other TS011F in the driver, can only measure power and energy for endpoint 1 (plug main).
If you look at your screenshot, ep: 0x02 does not have the 0702 and 0B04 clusters used to measure power and energy

Added to this driver version.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────── 
 Name         Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc     
 Version      2023-04-19T16:47:47.894312426        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: "TS011F/_TZ3000_jak16dll"
    deviceLabel: TS011F Double Plug
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_jak16dll
    model: TS011F
    deviceProfileName: two-switch-power-energy-1
1 Like