[Edge] Driver for Aqara Switches and Remotes

So it seems like your device sends only a switch state, but not button states,
do you see any warnings during device configuration?

Thanks for your help. after i enroll. how do i make 2 buttons on the smarttthings app, it is currently showing only the left button, when i click in it will show left and right

just to add on with a pic

I think you should be able to create a separate button per each switch in setting
If not , @veonua can you please add that setting ?

We need to ensure that we communicate this change effectively to avoid disrupting the routines of our current users.

1 Like

sorry what do you mean by this?

The child devices were implemented in v1.20.
However, since this version is an early beta, all the settings are now in the primary device due to a lack of a good way to handle child settings. Additionally, the split likely breaks the group events (multiple buttons pressed), and there isnā€™t an easy way to send events both to parent and child devices. The available button events for child devices are predefined as [press, double-press, and hold]. I plan to roll out per model to minimize potential issues for existing users.

QBKG03LM and QBKG24LM are the affected (and tested) devices.

Can you detail a little bit more about these procedures, please?

There is a dedicated thread for pairing Aqara devices,

it would be better to ask for details from experienced users.

Hi @veonua , I have a wxkg16lm. Aqara E1 Wireless Switch 1 button. I need driver. Is it possible ?

Unfortunately, the Hubā€™s Zigbee driver doesnā€™t transmit button events.

Good morning!

Thanks for your amazing input!!!

Iā€™ve installed one of these switches (2 button) thanks to the knowledge that your drivers will work, thank you!!

One issue however, the right switch wonā€™t decouple, even though I have changed the setting to wireless mode. The left switch does, but not the right. Any ideas please? (The single button QBKG04LM I installed years ago works faultlessly though!)

I bought this switch (and intend to buy more once this gets fully working) for two reasons, one the fact that it doesnā€™t need a back box anywhere near as deep as the Tuya switches (!!), and the second, because they can be decoupled.

I am using version 22 of your driver.

Thanks!!!

Could you please explain it to me a little bit better,

You mentioned Xiaomi QBKG25LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT (Aqara D1 3 gang smart wall switch).
Xiaomi QBKG04LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT (Aqara single key wired wall switch)
but not the device you are using.

I will need a device fingerprint and log from your hub to see what is wrong.

So sorry!!

Iā€™m using the QBKG39LM E1 Wall Switch (No Neutral, Double Rocker).

Iā€™ll have to install the CLI at home and get the logs.

To assist those who may not know how to do this (I didnā€™t!), I found the instructions here:

1 Like

May I know if the known issue of sporadic ā€˜heldā€™ commands for aqara switches being sent to the hub has been fixed? Thank you.

wn issue for older drivers. If you have devices initialized with an older driver, try re-adding the devices with the latest version.

If you still experience the issue when initialized with the latest driver, please let me know.

Thanks for the response.
I re-added 3 of my aqara switches 2 days ago but they are still showing these symptoms. How can I tell if they are on the new or old version?
I have 2 more switches that were added a few months ago so I assume they are on the older version, could it be these remain ones causing the recently added ones to exhibit those issues?

If you did it 2 days ago, you are using the latest driver. I will take a look next week.

The ā€œheldā€ option is a workaround. By default, these models do not support the ā€œheldā€ feature, but they send a ā€œnot pressedā€ state when they are pressed for a couple of seconds.

What you are seeing is the hub pinging the device and revalidating states. It makes sense for switches, and there is a way to disable this ping for buttons.

I see, thanks for the explanation.
Itā€™s a little inconsistent because out of 3 of my double rocker switches (new version), only the right side rocker of 1 switch does not initiate the ā€˜heldā€™ ping. So I can only use the ā€˜heldā€™ function for my routines reliably on that rocker.
Not sure why this is. Happy to provide any troubleshooting information!