Does someone knows why Samsung Smartthings stuff doesn’t available in Canada anymore?

Hello, I have bought all my Samsung sensors on Amazon ca and BestBuy ca but since more than a year, they don’t sell them. I have try from Samsung Canada but they return a message that this item is not available in Canada.

I need some other Multipurpose sensors and movement detectors. I have the V3 hub.

Thank you.

It sounds as if you are looking for Samsung branded devices. You won’t find those any longer. The hardware devices that previously were Samsung branded are now being manufactured by Aeotec, so look for that branding.

2 Likes

The rebranded aeotec sensors for ST should start appearing in the US and possibly Canada by July but that is not a firm date.

2 Likes

Samsung has made the decision to stop selling SmartThings brand hardware in any country. They will continue to provide the app and the cloud platform.

They are making contracts with other companies to sell “works as SmartThings” Devices, including the hub. Here is the official announcement:

An Update Regarding our Hardware

The partner for North America, the UK, and the EU, will be Aeotec. The Aeotec-branded hub is already available. The sensors are supposed to be available later this year.

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys, I would have waited a long time…
I’m gonna have to do a lot of reading to get up to date :+1::slightly_smiling_face:. I hope I don’t have to change my hub (v3) and redo all my settings.

1 Like