Disconnected devices, Smartthings vs Smartthings Classic

I’m having an issues with devices showing as unavailable in the new Smartthings app. The device continues to function just fine. Routines work. Google home works for both routines and controlling the device directly. And I can access the device in Smartthings Classic just fine. But I can’t access or control the drive directly in the new Smartthings app, nor can I modify the device in any of the routines to which it is assigned or add it to new routines.

The device is a leviton z-wave plus dimmer. I have 30+ of these devices in the house. Half a dozen are exhibiting this behavior. Within the same doubl- gang box, one will be connected and the other will show as disconnected or unavailable.

1 Like

I did research and have attempted to restore the device to different ways, both within the Classic app:

1. Edit the device name, click update, waited 5 minutes before attempting to access the device in the New Smartthings app. The new device name showed up in both apps. In the classic app the device behaved normally but in the New app the device continues to show as unavailable.

2. attempted to “replace” the device. After clicking replace the classic app stalled on the “checking device health” screen. No further instructions were given in the app. Attempted to reconnect redoing the pairing steps on the device (again, while the Replace action was running). The device went into pairing mode but then flashed red. No change in the devices behavior in the classic app (accessable) nor New Smartthings app (not accessable).

This is typical behavior between the 2 apps, even with stock DTH’s. Stick with Classic unless you have a Samsung appliance that requires the new app.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. I am on iOS. Have you been able to resolve it?

There is no resolution to this yet. Unless you absolute must use the new app, use Classic for the time being.

1 Like

I’m having this problem as well. I would like to switch over to the new app, but several of my devices just show as disconnected, even though they work perfectly in SmartThings Classic. :slightly_frowning_face:

What devices? Perhaps there is a way to get them to work but we need more info :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help! So far, I’ve found six devices that will connect in SmartThings Classic but show as disconnected in the new SmartThings app.

Here they are:
1 Leviton VRPA1 Outlet Switch
1 GE ZW4101 Outlet Switch
2 Leviton Z-Wave Wall Switches
3 GoControl LB60Z-1 LED Light Bulbs