Devices consistantly offline or on all the time

Throwing this out there to see if anyone else is having issues with devices.

My home is 1900 sq ft. Hub is centrally located. Mixture of cree lightbulbs, osram floodlights and motion sensors (smart things and aeon).

Devices that are not even far away, will show offline keeping bulbs on all night and or not working with motion. Is there a range limitation to the zigbee bulbs? I’ve done the repair utility on the network, added and removed devices. just seems inconsistent to keep devices connected and working properly.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a repair utility for zigbee. You have to unplug the hub and take out the batteries for about 5 minutes. The zigbee mesh will be rebuilt once you plug the hub back up.

See if that helps.

There are many threads in the forum about devices recently showing off-line. :disappointed_relieved:

As for a zigbee heal ( The equivalent of a Z wave repair), zigbee initiates that differently. leave all the other zigbee devices on power and take the hub off power (including removing any batteries, for at least 20 minutes. During that time, the others zigbee devices will go into “panic mode” because they can’t find the hub. Then when you put the hub back on power, the other zigbee devices will individually they build their own neighbor tables. You may not see the results until the next day.

2 Likes

sorry, zwave. typo.

yes, I have to trigger the switch or device before it comes back online or run the utility.

so it’s not an extender issue, sounds more like the hub ?