I created an edge driver for a switch that has been working well for few months. Yesterday, I noticed the Smartthings App dash board suddenly started showing the device status incorrectly.
instead of “On” or “Off” it’s showing
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks. I didn’t notice there was already a similar post.
Looks like others are suddenly seeing the same issue. Hopefully someone from Smartthings can provide some insight.
Turns out the problem is related to the known issue in the latest firmware.
Hub Firmware 0.46.X Beta
We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.46.4 will begin rolling out in batches starting on Dec 5, 2022. This will be a phased rollout so that we can keep a close eye on any issues that arise so your hub may not be updated immediately. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
Our team has identified a few known issues that will be fixed after the rollout:
The use of driver:register_channel_handler for Lua LAN driver channel handler registration may cause the driver to hang. It is recommended to not use this handler until a fix is in place. The use of cosock.spawn without handler registration can work around this is…
My LAN driver wasn’t getting status updates due to the known issue above. I switched to using cosock.spawn as suggested and everything seems to be working good again.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up on this post where you are reporting inaccurate values of capabilities in the device cards on the app. We believe that this issue has been resolved. Please let me know if you see this persisting as that would not be expected.