Can't connect devices to Samsung connect home pro

I switched my hub V1 to the Samsung connect home pro. The only devices I can add are Samsung branded devices, 2 motion sensors and 2 door sensors. I can not add my Hue lights and several other devices.

I have deleted everything from the SmartThings app and have moved to the Samsung connect app. The wifi shows up but the hub does not on the Samsung connect device screen. When I do go into the Wi-Fi settings I can see that the Hub is active though.

Additional steps I’ve taken
Delete it all devices, smart apps & device handlers in the SmartThings app & on line hub.

What am I doing wrong.

Thank you all in advance for the help!

The issue is almost certainly not the hub but the app that you are using. You need to use the new “smartthings (Samsung connect),” which we are abbreviating STSC in the forum, to access the Wi-Fi features of your new hub. But that app still does not support most of the custom code that you were using with the SmartThings classic app. So you will likely have to use both apps for a while.

Once you have the hub set up with STSC, go back to the classic app, make sure you are signed in with the same ID and are pointing to the same location, and then try adding the devices through the Classic app.

Also be aware that there is a “smart home manager“ in both apps but they are really two completely different features That just happen to have the same name. So for example changing the arm state to “away“ in the classic app will not cause it to change in STSC, and vice a versa.

You can read more about these issues in the following threads:

If those don’t help, then you may just need to contact support. I’m not sure what’s going on with your Hue devices, that sounds odd unless you are using custom device type handlers. Or of course if it’s on a different Wi-Fi network.

I forgot, there is one more possibility… A number of people have run into an issue where they get a blank location. I don’t know very much about it, but try the following thread

I know @jkp ran into it and may be able to tell if your problem sounds more like the blank location problem.

In the upper left of your screen where it shows Home, if you click on that you will see All Devices and all your Locations. Try changiing that to All Devices.

As @JDRoberts suggested, it is recommended that you use the Classic app once you get the hub connected in STSC.

1 Like

Thank you for all the helpfully advice.

I failed to factory reset all my devices to be able to connect to my new hub.

Dumb Me lol

Thank you again

1 Like