Button editing stopped working after latest iOS update

Now the question is on who maintains that plugin, my support inquiry to Samsung said it wasnt a supported thing so I think someone wrote it and just got it published via the Web IDE to be publicly usable. However, I did install the CoRE Smartapp and that seems to have allowed my buttons to work with the pistons via the new app so going to set all of them up on that to get everything working again.

Samsung better support their own buttons.

1 Like

My issue is similar with two Smartthings buttons. I can edit the actions and when the button is pressed it shows that it was pressed in the app but nothing happens. I have two buttons controlling two separate lights and both stopped working last night. I can turn the lights on and off from the app just fine.

1 Like

If you can edit the buttons then it might not be the same issue.

What do you mean by plugin? This happens on my IKEA TRÅDFRI Remote which is supported. The inability to edit started happening immediately after updating the app a few days ago, and the buttons themselves stopped working yesterday.

The same happens on three different buttons and two different DH so I’m sure the issue is deeper

Hello guys, I’ve already passed this to @Arkkous in his post, but in order to find a solution soon, submit a ticket to SmartThings Developer Support, please.

Greetings!

Developer support isn’t really the proper channel for this IMO. We aren’t developers with questions about APIs, capabilities, etc. This should be handled by the normal customer support channel.

Actually, if you look at the list of officially supported things (https://www.smartthings.com/products/-/filter/brands/ikea), the buttons are not on it. What I mean by plugin is if the developer that wrote the “IKEA Button” type may be the one who has to fix it as I do not know if Samsung officially authored that handler, or if it was a submitted development thats available to the public.

I did however get CoRE SmartApp installed and a piston configured and that does seem to be working so far at least with the one test button I setup.

So you are having this issue with the actual Smartthings branded buttons? Zohar, prjct92eh2, and myself are having this issue regarding the IKEA 5 button remotes.

I’m having it with both ikea and SmartThings brand buttons.

I now begin to think these are two separate issues.

1. Edit buttons lost on some 3rd party buttons. For me since the iOS update a few days back. At the time, physical presses still worked.

2. Physical buttons stopped reacting. For me and others since yesterday as mentioned in @Arkkous 's post . This is for both ST and 3rd party buttons

1 Like

Yes, the Smartthings branded buttons. The app shows that the button was pressed but the light doesn’t toggle. I tried removing and re-adding the action but that didn’t help.

I agree, it appears to be two separate issues as I don’t even use any IOS devices.

I have the same issue, Smartthings branded buttons stopped responding properly to physical press. I worked out that for me it’s to do with “switching state” of devices when pressing the button. If I do a single press it switches state but then a second single press doesn’t switch it again. To make the ‘single press device’ switch state again I need to do a double press (which switches a different device) and then go back and try a single press again, which then works. Same issue if I start with double press, I can’t then double press again without doing a different action first. Not sure if others with Smartthings buttons not working are experiencing same thing?

Yup, exactly right! Button actions register, but only actually work if a different type of press was done first. Even if the different press was hours ago.

Same prob for me 2 x brand new Samsung Buttons. Was working last night week, now intermittent. Was created with new ST app, but I am close to tearing down and switching back to classic ST app due to many showstopper (auto log off app on iPhone, location awareness not working, ongoing errors when saving scenes or automations with >3 items, automation engine requires substantially more rules versus routines) problems.

1 Like

There are three separate issues.

1. ST buttons not registering events - This should be addressed as of a couple hours ago.

2. Ikea 5-button remote not registering events - This device will pair but isn’t certified to work with ST. It does seem that there is lost functionality however.

3. Button plugin actions missing - This is an issue with the device plugin for iOS. There is a fix, independent of an app update, but it hasn’t been released yet.

3 Likes

I can confirm that when I got home my buttons were working again but as you mentioned still can’t edit the buttons but that’s minimal right now as long as they operate the lights.

1 Like

I can also confirm that the Ikea 5 buttons are working and registering events (so not sure about that second issue @Brad_ST). Still no show on the edit function.

P.S. the edit functionality does not work even in the classic app.

Yes ST buttons are working properly again now! Thanks!