Automations suddently stopped working

Same here. Deleting the Meross linked account and recreating lasted about a day and then it failed to show updated status again for devices. Both smart things and Meross (plus manual control) works, it’s just that smart things doesn’t update device status unless it is the one doing the control.

Something broke over the last week or so.

I submitted a trouble log from ST, but the only support I received was to clear the cache, reboot the router, and other generic options. Seems quite a few people are experiencing this with Meross devices. Over on the Meross support site, customers are reporting problems as well with ST not updating any more.

Yeah. It’s crickets from support on both sides. Shame as the Meross devices themselves are good quality. Not sure where the fault lies on this one. My guess is yet another change on the ST side that Meross haven’t caught up with.

1 Like

Same here. The Meross devices have been rock solid. Considering their price and reliability, I wish I had skipped all the expensive z wave stuff and just went wifi with everything first time around. Thought wifi devices would be bad, but so far it’s been stable until ST started updating again.

1 Like

So, no luck with my error report to Samsung. I guess I’ll have to go to Meross. I’m using IFTTT as a work around right now. Which is weird because I thought Meross had discontinued IFTTT support

1 Like

Yea, this is going to bite. Basically integration with Meross is kaput. All my automations are none functioning. Amazing how quiet ST and Meross are. You’d think they would care about this or at least notice it.

Unfortunately, same issue here. USA / Arizona.

After SmartThings iPhone presence not being reliable, I followed @JDRoberts advice to use Meross Smartplug Strips with HomeKit interface and iPhone presence. Worked reliably until now.

Homekit is sensing presence and switching Meross plugs on/off but Meross to SmartThings interface is not changing the device status in SmartThings. As others reported, SmartThings to Meross direction works fine. :roll_eyes:

I have multiple linked services devices from multiple brands where the state is not being updated in SmartThings. This is new in the last three or four weeks. I have one device which shows up in its own app, Alexa, Apple home, and SmartThings. The first three all stay in sync just fine no matter which are used to control the state. Smartthings now frequently fails to update, probably half the time.

I’ve been working with the manufacturer’s support and they’ve looked at the logs on their side and they think smartthings is timing out. But they don’t have a resolution for that. They said they did report it to smartthings. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up, JDRoberts. Just incredible that you find workarounds with Smartthings and they find a way to break those too :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just to throw my hat into the ring as another person impacted by this… I was initially finding that some meross devices were not updating if I physically switched them (i.e. click a light switch and the meross app would see it but smartthings and therefore related automations would not).

I raised it with Meross who told me to delete and re-add the Meross account from Smartthings which meant I lost all my Meross related automations :slightly_frowning_face:. Now I’ve reset them all up it seemed to work for about a day but now most Meross devices show as offline in Smartthings but come back online if I pull down to refresh them.

Hopefully this will get resolved without needing to set up all the automations again!

1 Like

Yup. I’m still having the same issue.

I have discovered that a manual refresh of the device in ST will update the status. (Whoops, see that was noted above already)

I am now seeing this same behavior on the Hue Edge driver.

1 Like

The fact that everyone is having this issue and it hasn’t been resolved just reaffirms to only use devices with local control. I will slowly get there. I have a lot of switches to replace.

1 Like

Ironically, I found a solution today … I’m using Google Home to act as a bridge between Meross and Smartthings, and a Google routine will call a Smartthings scene when the condition of my Meross switch changes. Seems to work fine for now, hopefully not a long term solution.

So: iPhone triggers logic in Homekit to change Meross switch status (via Homebridge), Google is linked with Meross and Smartthings and essentially acts as the routine to execute the ST scene.

1 Like

got another response from Meross this morning to say that their developers are working on it and they will solve the issue soon

3 Likes

Just wanted to add that I have the same issue. I use the meross outlets as a presence device. All stopped working. Unlinked the meross in linked service and it started working for a little while and broke again. So undependable. Don’t know if it is worth the frustration anymore.

1 Like

Same issue here since beginning of April, tried deleting, relinking, etc…

1 Like

I submitted a support ticket to Meross yesterday. They seemed surprised this was an issue. I gave them the link to this thread. I doubt they will pay attention though. So far, no luck with either support.

Has anyone successfully raised it as an issue with smartthings? I presume its actually broken at amartthings end as meross integration still seems to work with everything else

I have raised this issue with SmartThings support who said they’d forward it to their developer team. Still no word after two weeks. I provided screen snaps of the issue and granted permission to explore my data. I’ll be sending logs today, as well.

I also use for presence detection. Because of the poor reliability of SmartThings iPhone presence detection, I use Meross as a backup method.