SmartThings Community

Automatically arm smart home monitor

(Jimmy) #21

Mine is being weird. It doesn’t show at first. But if I go to create a custom automation, back out of creating it, return back to the button screen and try again it’s there. :joy:

(JIm) #22

That doesn’t work on mine. I don’t really need it, but curious about it.

(Jameson) #23

I dont have it as an option either. Weird.

(Sam) #24

My problem exactly as the last few replies.

I wan to automatically Away(ARM) the security system as soon as my Arrival Sensor leaves home (or whenever it detects that it is no longer home). But this option of “Smart Home Monitor” is not available to me. Could this be because of the HUB that I have???

I have the newest Hub that just came out. V3 I guess. Correct me if I am wrong.

(Jimmy) #25

It should be available. In the Classic app, check marketplace>smartapps > SmartThings reccomends. In the new app, automations>add

This is still an issue for me. Any idea when arm/disarm by presence will be added to the new Smart Things app? This is the most important feature for me, and the main thing I used Smart Things Classic for.

Support says they have no plans to add this feature to the new app… :confused:

“Currently, there are no plans to include the option to arm/disarm the Smart Home Monitor based on presence in the new SmartThings App. I apologize for any inconvenience with this. I will be happy to submit a feature request to our engineers so they know of the user demand for this feature in the new app. In the meantime, please use the SmartThings Classic App if you still wish to set up your Smart Home Monitor to arm/disarm based on your presence.”

(Jon) #28

Did you follow this up with them? It’s the main reason for me not being able to completely switch from ST Classic? I will chase this up too.