So I purchased a Spark Core a few weeks back and decided to have some fun.
First and foremost a big thank you to @juano2310, I borrowed and updated your Spark Core device type. It now serves as a dimmer switch for blinds.
So the core of the code is located here:
Things you will need:
A Spark Core
A servo (preferably analog)
Standard horizontal slat window blinds (plantation style will work too)
1. Wire up your spark core with the servo.
2. Create your Spark Core Blinds device type using the github code
3. Create your window Blinds device
4. Load the Spark code to www.spark.io/build
5. Add the Spark Core device id and access token to the device this can be done on the smart app under preferences for the device.
6. Put on your DIY hat finally and with your wife's permission dissect and determine a way to hook this up to your window blinds
I am still figuring out a way to power this, but I have been looking into solar powered usb chargers there are a few that range from 1500 to 2600 mah and some can stick to windows.
Let me know any feedback. I hope this helps and inspires.