So I purchased a Spark Core a few weeks back and decided to have some fun.
First and foremost a big thank you to @juano2310, I borrowed and updated your Spark Core device type. It now serves as a dimmer switch for blinds.
So the core of the code is located here:
Things you will need:
A Spark Core
A servo (preferably analog)
Standard horizontal slat window blinds (plantation style will work too)
- Wire up your spark core with the servo.
- Create your Spark Core Blinds device type using the github code
- Create your window Blinds device
- Load the Spark code to www.spark.io/build
- Add the Spark Core device id and access token to the device this can be done on the smart app under preferences for the device.
- Put on your DIY hat finally and with your wife’s permission dissect and determine a way to hook this up to your window blinds
I am still figuring out a way to power this, but I have been looking into solar powered usb chargers there are a few that range from 1500 to 2600 mah and some can stick to windows.
Let me know any feedback. I hope this helps and inspires.